Hi, new here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, new here

Deresha
Deresha Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi I’m Deresha, recently widowed mum/teacher/full time carer to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy. He is also deaf, autistic (pathway to diagnosis), developmentally delayed, and home educated too.  Like many, I spend most days fighting one battle or another.  I’m looking to just chat about anything and everything to be honest and make some connections, or just to just to switch off. I (now) get regular respite but this covid life is a lonely one. Anyway, hello ? 
Widow/Mum to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy, he is deaf and autistic, and homeschooled.

Comments

• roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Welcome @Deresha Good to have you with us.

There are many games and other things to take your mind off your busy life.

Take a look at the Coffee Lounge and Recent Discussions.

There are many and varied threads for you to get involved with.

Take care and enjoy.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Deresha - & welcome to this great community. It's good you've joined, as you will find members with an understanding as a parent, & also much support. Covid-19 has indeed impacted on many of our members feeling lonely too, but hopefully this community helps, if just a little.
    As Robert has said, please join in with any discussions, or visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge' for that often needed bit of distraction, & some light-hearted chat.
    Thank you for sharing, & I hope to see you around the forum. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Deresha and welcome to the community :) 

How are you today? 

Glad you've joined us and as mentioned above I'm sure you will find this a very supportive and understanding place. The coffee lounge is always a great place to start getting involved, we play games and chat about anything and everything in that section.

I can certainly empathise with you about how the pandemic has impacted people in terms of feeling lonely and isolated, hopefully we can help give you some relief from those feelings.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Deresha

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community /family ?

I am one of the Community Champions here at Scope. 

Please please let me know if you need any help getting around ? ? 

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, oe I think you are supe rmum juggling all those things

Glad you have joined and look forward to seeing you around we are always here for a chat
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @Deresha , I’m Emma, welcome to the community. Happy to help if you need anything, even if it is just a chat.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Deresha! Great to have you with us. :)

How are you doing today?
    Scope

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Welcome @Deresha :) It's been great to see you around the community a bit already!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Deresha
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m very well thank you, and I hope you all are too. It’s nice to see loads of  conversation starters, because honestly the children is usually all I can think of to talk about ahah.  Looking forward to finding my brain,  :)

thanks again 
    Widow/Mum to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy, he is deaf and autistic, and homeschooled.
  • Beanie71
    Beanie71 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Welcome @Deresha
    Gosh you have a lot to deal with bless you, I'm also a widow and was quite young when it happened with two young daughters all now grown up young ladies, here if you need a chat xx
  • Deresha
    Thank you @Beanie71.

I’m only 42 (so was my husband), his funeral was a few days before Lockdown. I flip between feeling greatful and resentful for that.  The whole family was there thankfully, but now it is the last time we all saw each other and grieving has been a solitary affair, or with zoom! I’m now widow mum to 6 children (2 still Children, 4 now adults). It is what it is now I guess, we must get on with living.

Whilst I am here, can anyone tell me if it is possible to skip to the end of a discussion in order to contribute, without having to scroll through 10s of pages first.? Thanks.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm very sorry for your loss @Deresha, and it must be a particularly difficult time to be grieving. 

Is that for if you've searched for a specific post? Because if you click on a post from the categories view or from the list of recent discussions it should (hopefully) take you to the most recent page of comments. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness