The general chat thread - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The general chat thread

Options

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,680 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cher_Scope good luck :) I don’t have any plans for today but I hope to get out for a drive if I can.

@MrAllen1976 Wow £175 million is an obscene amount to win. Good luck.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang Enjoy the drive if you do!

@MrAllen1976 I might have a flutter if that's up for grabs.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What would you do with £175 million @MrAllen1976 @Cher_Scope? :o That's a heck of a lot.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If I won £175 million I’d help out my family and then spend many years helping out local charities, what fun. I’d definitely buy a new car and a detached house but I wouldn’t spend much on those things. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Put some in a trust fund for my Nephew and Niece that they can't have till they're 18, explore various World Countries such as Australia and the US (Are Aussie women really as hot as some of the ones in the Soaps?) and attend various Comic Cons such as San Diego and New York, also if fans are allowed at the event, attend next year's WWE Wrestle Mania.

I'd also make a large donation to the NAS (National Autistic Society UK) and also the Alzheimer's Society.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have been wrapping presents 2sacks done and 2 left to do over the weekend . Also chasing 2parcels outstanding I have to with royal mail after 30 minutes in good 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    What would you do with £175 million @MrAllen1976 @Cher_Scope? :o That's a heck of a lot.

I'd obviously donate some to Scope :) , buy a house, a small tropical island and pay for a private Will Young concert.  Nothing too flash you see :D 

Good work @janer1967 I didn't make a start on my wrapping.  I need some of your mojo!  

How you all doing today?

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I am OK today, I’ve been out for a drive, making sure to do some dual carriageway (the A1) and then I’ve been bored so I’ve just opened my first beer. Quite early for it but it is the weekend... :)

What about you?
  • leeCal
    Options
    It’s been quite a dark day here today so the heating is on and I’m feeling quite ? sleepy . Good to be in the warm though. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Options
    We had something nice happen (for a change) the mother in law is in a care home (serious dementia) and we haven't been able to see her since March and might not till next March, however this morning we received from the home a christmas bauble with a photo of her in the middle. Cheered us both up.
    On a more negative point I have sciatica and have been hobbling about since Thursday but the good news is it isn't terminal and should be better next week.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    Options
    Good luck with sciatica @woodbine, not terminal but a very nagging pain nonetheless.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Options
    Sounds like we are mostly having a nice day which is good :)  

Well done on the drive @66Mustang and that's a lovely gesture from the care home @woodbine - I hope your sciatica eases up soon.

I'm having a steady day today too.  Our cat Frank was at the vets this AM; unfortunately a few weeks ago we found out he had oral cancer, but he's holding up well and the vet is happy with him and how he's doing so some relief there.  He's just tucking into some fresh chicken downstairs!  

• 66Mustang
    Options
    What is everybody doing today? I purchased some sushi :smiley:
  • janer1967
    Options
    I don't like sushi 

Been shopping for my alcohol for crimbo 

Cooking dinner having toad in hole then will be watching grand prix last one of the season 
  • 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    Options
    What do you buy for Christmas? We buy a bottle of every spirit at Christmas but it then has to last all year. We still have some bottles left over from last Christmas - actually some from 2018 I think.
  • janer1967
    Options
    I'm not really a spirits fan or a big drinker so it's mainly for visitors 
    Got koppaberg cider , strongbow few bottles wine , bucks fizz and bottle cherry brandy 
  • woodbine
    Options
    I managed to get a bottle of "Glayva" a few weeks ago in Tesco its an awesome whisky based liquor, been my favourite xmas tipple for thirty years.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @woodbine I’ve tried Glayva. It’s nice over ice :yum:

We resisted buying a litre of Baileys that was on offer for £9.50 today.
  • woodbine
    Options
    We got 3 bottle @ £9.50 1 for the OH and 2 for neighbours, cheapest I've ever seen it for a litre  :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Last month I got a mini Keg of Moonshine Beer from Abbeydale Brewery in Sheffield for £23. Lovely stuff, might get some more at some point.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.