The general chat thread - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The general chat thread

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    In England, those not in Tier 4 can still meet with 2 other households, but now only on Christmas Day. The advice is also to stay local, & if in a lower tier you can't have those in Tier 4 visiting on Christmas Day.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    I think I read that it will be enshrined in law that those in tier 4 cannot travel with a couple of exceptions. the link below explains it all.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    How are we today? Up to anything nice?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve just driven to the supermarket (I did some more motorway) and it was pretty busy for 10am but I think we went at the right time and that it’s only going to get busier. 

I’m not sure what I will do for the rest of the day now, maybe I will play World of Warcraft a little bit!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Did you get anything nice @66Mustang

Playing WOW sounds like a good plan tbh :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    Just some fresh food for Christmas that we couldn’t buy earlier :smiley:

What are you doing today? :smile:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited December 2020
    Going shopping to Tesco later.

And then doing some more gaming. Tomorrow I might hit CEX in Town and try and get a couple of bits.

• 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    @MrAllen1976 same as me then :smiley:

Well I already did Tesco
  • Ross_Alumni
    Going shopping this evening @66Mustang and then finishing off the last of my Christmas present wrapping tonight. 

• 66Mustang
    That sounds like a good plan :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Doing the last of our xmas food shop on Wednesday but have decided to try and beat the rush, will leave the OH in bed and will go at 7a.m before it gets too busy, just hope the whole of humanity doesn't have the same idea  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    In reckon it will be busy during the day every day from now till Christmas but I think the morning is a better call than going in the middle of the day or the afternoon.

Maybe the best time to go would be really late on Tuesday (like 11pm) instead of Wednesday morning?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello guys!

I too braved the Asda this morning.  It was pretty manic, from people arguing in the queue going in to long queues at the checkouts  :|  That will be my last visit before Christmas so I'm relieved to have it out of the way!  

@woodbine My sister went at 7am this morning and it was quiet so fingers crossed for you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    My Dad went across to the local Tesco this lunch time, they were queueing round the shop! I only needed a few bits like milk and cereal, I'm only here till Wednesday, which reminds me I need to just make a call about that.

• Cher_Alumni
    How's everyone's Christmas eve eve eve going? 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• 66Mustang
    Mine is going well, we walked the dog nice and early for 2.5 miles and he’s just about to go out for another walk of maybe 3 miles, without me this time, lucky dog getting 2 walks!

I’m also trying to decide whether to have a cognac tonight and what to have. I have a load of miniatures saved up from my advent calendar now - as I’ve been being good and not drinking them every day o:)

How about your Christmas Eve Eve Eve? :D
  • Cher_Alumni
    @66Mustang Look at that collection! I've never drunk cognac, to my knowledge, so wouldn't know what to advise!  Dive straight in I say.

I've had a lovely morning meeting friends for a socially distanced walk in the park.  It was so nice to see some different faces, it's really bucked me up!

• 66Mustang
    Meeting up in the park is a great idea :) I’m glad it’s made you feel better.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I've been looking at a blank monitor all morning. Just when I thought I'd swap it for my son's old one (he's brought it around a few weeks ago as my monitor is getting temperamental in it's old age), it decided to work!
    Very nice looking collection @66Mustang - I've only had cognac once, but remember it was lovely. :)
    Pleased you've had a good morning @Cher_Scope - at least the weather is mild for meeting outside.
  • 66Mustang
    Cognac is really nice and warming at this time of year. :) It goes especially well with cheese but that’s quite decadent!

@chiarieds sorry to hear a out your monitor troubles. At least you have a backup. Maybe it’s time to buy a nice new one as a Christmas present to yourself?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.