Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thinking of turning written poetry writing it a YouTube channel

Options

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hmm, perhaps you could put together a few ideas, and then post a poll on the community to see what people's favourite one is @Globster

Here are a couple of ideas on how to come up with a name:
    • alliteration, e.g. Ross' Rhymes
    • rhyming, e.g. Tori's Stories
    • a nickname you have
    • something that concisely sums up the types of poems you write 
    I also found this guide on coming up with a YouTube channel name on Backlinko, which you might find helpful :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello 
    I thought the name for spoken poetry youtube is going Jolley Jay's peoms
    I look forward to hearing what people think

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like Jolly Jay's Poems @Globster :) Your poems are always uplifting, so I think it's a good fit!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    Hello, I hope you are well?
    Would do I need to create a banner and logo before putting my youtube channel live?
    Sorry @Alex_Scope for keep asking questions

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well, I have to agree with @Tori_Scope that name is a great fit :) And I am well thank you, I hope you are too.

And you certainly don't have to have a logo or banner, but I think it does help people to find you, and engage with your poems more than they might otherwise.

There are a lot of free tools out there which you can use, and lots of videos on Youtube which run through them. 

One I enjoy using is Canva, they have a guide you might find useful, just make sure you stick to the free content. And of course, it depends what works for you, there's a lot of options! 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello @Alex_Scope
    I am fantastic for asking @Alex_Scope

I have decided to create my own banner and channel but I appreciate your advice and help 

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Excellent. Okay @Globster hope it goes alright, and don't worry about asking questions if you need to any time in the future :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Globster

Well done for creating your own banner and channel! That is amazing work. Something I would certainly struggle to do. You are really talented. I am wishing you all the best of luck with your channel. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions about this or anything else!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello Alex_Scpoe
    Do you if I want to get in trouble upload a voice memo file type with spoke poetry and add my own illustration to it on my youtube channel?

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Globster,
    I think you should be fine to just include your voice with illustrations etc. I know that this is often done with lyric videos for songs and also animations, too, so I can't see there being any issues.

Feel free to come back here if you need any further assistance with it, we'd be happy to help!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I just wanted to ask you whether I have created individual artwork for each of spoken poetry videos

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    It might be easier to use one piece of artwork for more than one poem @Globster, perhaps you could do ones that cover broad themes or topics?

It really depends on how much work you want to give yourself! :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I hope you hope are well?
    For my youtube channel, I was thinking of creating sun a with a smiley face and pencil and paper with scribbling like poetry writing do you would think@Alex_Scope?
    Can I change my youtube channel name before posting channel @Alex_Scope

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @Globster I think you should be able to edit the name yes, the logo idea sounds fab to me :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Options
    @Alex_Scope
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend I hope you and your family members are safe and well the storm 
    Is it neccessary for me to create a trailor video for my youtube channel?

• Danielle_2022
    Options
    Hi there @Globster,
    I thought I'd jump in here, I hope that's okay! I would say that a trailer video isn't necessary. It would be nice if your first video could include a bit of an introduction about you, your poems & why you started writing etc. You could also include a snippet from your favourite poem (written by you), if you're comfortable with that. I think that would suffice. Congratulations on taking this step!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Globster
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Danielle_2022
    Of course, I don't jump I value to advise while starting a new venture 
    do if it is allowed for post trailer video on scope online community I would love to some of the scope online community members advice

• Danielle_2022
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Globster,
    I'm not too sure about the guidelines on that in particular, I'm sure Alex will be able to provide further insight in a couple of days, but you can certainly describe what you were thinking in the meantime. I'd love to support you however I can!
  • Globster
    Options
    @Danielle_2022
    for example, if I was going set poems I sit out in the sun for first trailer

• Danielle_2022
    Options
    @Globster,
    That sounds like a wonderful idea -- and if we're being poetic about it, really points towards the positive and uplifting tone present in so much of your work. You'll be a star in no time!