Hello - Page 10 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Poppy as you can see lesly didn't disclose i was going on a person that lived here lesly has only just disclosed which lesly has said   and the the links you have sent are out of date because we are now out of the EU  which is why I got advice from some one else 

The mix information I gave about a tribunal  was because I thought it was a review  and as far as the papper statistics  you kept telling me about dont exist  which I also had confirmed by the personal independence payment department 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Before you report me or say you want to close the thread I will no longer be commenting  any more 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lesLY1 - as Poppy says, you have not given mis-information; unfortunately Lisa has. Please do not worry, & this community is here to help you. Lisa has been trying to help you, & also unfortunately gave the wrong information to another member. I will ask the Senior Community officer here to help after the holidays. That should clear things up for you. @Adrian_Scope I would appreciate your help here, thank you.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I have not given mis information lesly didn't disclose anything until after I said to claim pip  and universal credit and I said he should get something  

Since lesly disclosed I have sought proper advice  plus the two links poppy posted are out of date because of the new rules  and when poppy said about  the statistics  for adapter hearing I checked with pip and they said it wasn't the case plus poppy said after that there were no statistics 

If you and poppy want to keep jumping in thats  fine and if you both want to keep picking at me thats also fine  I am 58 and made of tough stuff  but if it makes you feel better then thats fine 

I have been speaking to lexley  trying to build up a relationship and friendship  now kexly has disclosed  I have sought advice  and told lesly what to do  which isn't mis information  

Feel free to report me  thats fine aswel it seems to be the done thing I was told this was a friendly discussion group  I feel like I am back in school with the school bully's  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    The above is supposed to say papper hearing 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I don't normally comment twice in a row @lisathomas50 - but after lesLY1 said he was a Portugese national you then advised him to claim UC & PIP.
    About the 'paper hearing' thread, I'm sorry you thought it was a review, but reading the title of the post, & previous comments helps. It's perhaps a shame that you didn't read the most comprehensive & detailed response by another member afterwards. They comment with a wealth of some 35 years professional experience which someone answering a PIP enquiry line simply doesn't have as they have very little benefit knowledge.
    We all show respect to each other here, but you saying, 'I was asking this is a group for everyone not a poppy  only group,' isn't respectful.

• chiarieds
    Options
    Just to say I've reported your last comment @lisathomas50 - this is a friendly group which offers support & advice.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I posted before I saw any  of lesleys posts  I corrected myself after I noticed it was an appeal   I had been working on another case that was a review I 

Poppy posted in the end  stating there were no statistics  for paper based hearings   so yes you were both wrong telling me to look at statistics  that don't exist  the phone call I made before poppy posted that the statistics didn't exist  was to a tribunal  member  as that was my job  

I am 58 years old I am not a child to be talked down to and the reason I said it wasn't a poppy  discussion group  was because twic maybe three times poppy says something  you are tight behind and most of it is a repeat of what poppy has said and its been mentioned in one than one thread 

You might use posh words but I don't take kindly to being called petty thectwo links that poppy poppy posted are out of date because everything has changed 

As I said before it feels like I am back in school with the school bully's  thats how it makes me feel  and I speak my mind and I am trying g to do it in a polite way 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Thank you for reporting me it seems like the done thing when someone disagrees  with something but its OK for you and poppy to have a go at me well as you said you and poppy have been on here longer  so I don't matter only been here 2 weeks  
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Neither of us were having a 'go' at you, & I didn't realise I used 'posh' words, which you seem to find somewhat offensive, & I most certainly didn't call you 'petty.' I'm sorry, but I don't feel your comments are 'polite.'
    Neither of us have 'talked down' to you, & I'm sorry you feel that way.
    Poppy said she normally gives links to info, but couldn't in the 'paper hearing thread.' I also knew she got the info, as mentioned, from the member that gave a very detailed response later, &, as I said above, from his 35 years professional experience. He also wrote that if you had evidence that his statement was 'wrong' about paper based hearings, to say.
    It is not the done thing to report someone because you 'just' disagree with them, & your opinion matters, so long as it helps our members.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I dont have a problem with people who use posh words as long as they are used in the proper sense semantics means quibbling/ petty 
    That was the word  you used 

I have been mentioned on three different  posts for giving mis information   as you and poppy have said  and I did apologise for the mistake of the papper hearing  and I then corrected myself  so I didnt give mis information I was giving information for a review 

I have read the post that your referring to and he said there were no correct or incorrect answers yes ge said about papper hearings  but here in wales papper hearings work well  because information that is needed is said  and as I pointed out I spoke to a tribunal member  incase things had changed and he said that papper appeals  are treated as fairly as any other hearings and this year most of the appeals have been on papper 

At the end of the day  its a person's personal choice  what they want to do and whatever I say you think I am saying something else 

With leskry I answer straight away when I can  lesly didn't  tell me about how long he had been here  my messages don't always go straight away so I answered what leslry asked me and then must of posted after   then when I came back on you and poppy were saying I had done something wrong even lesley was trying to tell  you I didn't know so then I got the help I knew he needed because of the new brexit  rules lesley needed to speak to whoever deals with his status  because professional help is needed  to deal with that  

I am sorry if you don't think my comments are polite  I havent been nasty in any way  and that is what it feels like that your talking g down to me and make me feel that I shouldn't comment by telling lesley that I give mis information  and to look at poppy's links   so yes you make me feel like  I dont mean anything  because to me its more or less saying not to talk to me  butvits pointless explaining 

• lesLY1
    lesLY1 Community member Posts: 263 Connected
    Options
    I appreciate all hv given me enough support and advice and all I know is noone has given me any wrong info it's just tat I havent introduced my self in detail ??
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Thank you for each endeavouring to support @lesLY1 with her query.  I appreciate all your responses came from a good place of wanting to help and I'm sorry to see that there was some misunderstanding along the way.  

As the thread has now run its course, it will remained closed, however should you wish to discuss anything further please email the team at community@scope.org.uk. - Thank you.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.