2021 waiting time for assessment - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 waiting time for assessment

Comments

• sands7511
    sands7511 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    hey i have a update i bypassed the whole dwp and went straight to an mp 2 weeks later my report is done and i recieved payment yesterday still waiting for my letter hopefully that comes soon :) good luck everyone 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    @sands7511 wow maybe I should do that! 7 months and still not finished with my claim. Getting silly now 
  • sands7511
    @bart70 thats why i cut out the middle man it is stupid the times people are waiting

• Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi sands..did u get ur phone assesment first before they psid u anything.
    Someone ssid on here apply for esa i have a fone consultation from UC tomoro im going to ask them about it.
    My fone assesment next thursday for pip.
  • sands7511
    no mine was all done paper based no assessment needed @Sammiecat75

• bart70
    @Sammiecat75

the new style esa is nothing to do with UC, if you search new style ESA on the web your find the .gov link and you apply through the website. But the assessment they do is the same one for the UC so rather than 2 assessments you only have one and they are a lot quicker than PIP. My UC assessment was on the 30th November and I had my result letter on the 4th December! New Style Esa took a little longer at 4 weeks but they go with the UC decision. 

Hope that helps 
  • Sammiecat75
    Thanks guys.
    I have already contacted my local MP and they didnt reply to them either i get a copy of the letters they send.
    So twice now my MP have contacted them.
    I still havent had the letter to confirm my phone assesement they saud its been sent out
    Its all a joke .i will look into the ESA thing..if i can apply.
    I may need help with these things
  • Sammiecat75
    bart70 said:
    @sands7511 wow maybe I should do that! 7 months and still not finished with my claim. Getting silly now 
    Hi bart have u had ur phone assesment yet
  • Sammiecat75
    Dan2three said:
    If it helps anyone I applied on the 15th Dec and have had my assesment today
    How did u get on with ur assesment
  • bart70
    @Sammiecat75

I had my phone assessment on the 25th May and now it’s a waiting game again! It’s going to be 8/9 months for my claim from start to finish! I’m not sure I have the will power to do a MR if it all goes wrong as most people seem to have happen to them 
  • Sammiecat75
    bart70 said:
    @Sammiecat75

I had my phone assessment on the 25th May and now it’s a waiting game again! It’s going to be 8/9 months for my claim from start to finish! I’m not sure I have the will power to do a MR if it all goes wrong as most people seem to have happen to them 
    Its a disgrace..im in the same boat mines is next week.only knew by calling them up.said a letter sent out still nothing i adked them how long will i wait not after phone asses she said about two weeks to get a decision..im very doubtful..some on here just got paper assesed and got paid straight away.
    Im losing the will to live.im expected to live on £17 a week.just wish i could get back to my work.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    To qualify for New style ESA you need to have a full NI record for 2018-19 and 2019-20. If you are awarded ESA it will be deducted from your UC so your overall income is unchanged.

ESA is paid fortnightly, ESA monthly.
    ESA gives Class 1 NI credits, UC only give some Class 3 credits.
    ESA is taxable, UC is not (obviously this doesn’t matter if you’re total taxable income is below the tax free allowance).

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sammiecat75
    I had been working for years..im getting told to claim for it..do u not get both esa and uc.
    Im confused by it all i need someone to talk it all through with me to understand better im no good at this
  • bart70
    @Sammiecat75

you can claim both. But UC deduct the esa from your UC pound for pound. But you get better stamp paid for and a fortnight payment rather than monthly. UC should give you the disability allowance and payment part of UC once they have done their assessment on too
    of your normal monthly allowance. 

Unfortunately unlike those on the old esa system we have been short changed by the new system the tories bought in and don’t get as much money. Which is why pip is more important now than ever. 
  • Sammiecat75
    I have a call.with my advisor tomorow on UC i am going to ask him how this all works am i better on uc etc they dont tell u all this when ur claiming  things..im.not experienced i got my report from.dwp about my medical.conditon which it states that i.donot need to do sick notes.

• bart70
    The main difference between UC and the new style ESA is that NI stamp credit you get. But your be better seeking advice from citizens advice rather UC themselves 
  • calcotti
    bart70 said: Unfortunately unlike those on the old esa system we have been short changed by the new system the tories bought in and don’t get as much money. Which is why pip is more important now than ever. 
    That depends on your circumstances. Those who would get SDP on legacy ESA get less on UC. Those without SDP often get more.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    bart70 said:
    The main difference between UC and the new style ESA is that NI stamp credit you get. But your be better seeking advice from citizens advice rather UC themselves 
    plus
    calcotti said:
    ESA is paid fortnightly, ESA monthly.
    ESA is taxable, UC is not (obviously this doesn’t matter if you’re total taxable income is below the tax free allowance).
    to which one should add that ESA is not affected by other income and or savings and would not be affected if you go from a single claimant to being part of a couple.
  • calcotti
    I have a call.with my advisor tomorow on UC i am going to ask him how this all works am i better on uc etc they dont tell u all this when ur claiming  things..im.not experienced i got my report from.dwp about my medical.conditon which it states that i.donot need to do sick notes.
    DWP are not advisers, simply administrators. They cannot tell you whether or not you are better off claiming UC, ESA or both.
  • sands7511
    i just got my award letter i got enhanced rates on both daily living and mobility and have been awarded this for 10 years 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.