2021 waiting time for assessment - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 waiting time for assessment

Comments

• tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    edited June 2021
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    sands7511 said:
    i just got my award letter i got enhanced rates on both daily living and mobility and have been awarded this for 10 years 
    Yeh baby! Same as me!
  • sands7511
    sands7511 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    @sands7511

well done. at least your all sorted now, no more stress. 
  • Dan2three
    Dan2three Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Dan2three said:
    If it helps anyone I applied on the 15th Dec and have had my assesment today
    How did u get on with ur assesment
    Thought it had gone OK, but got my copy today and looks like the lady has given me 0 for every category, I burst out crying in the assesment trying to talk through my anxiety attacks but yet said I was normal behaved whole assesment and her notes contradict most of her catagory points ? looks like an appeal it is!! 
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Oh no

Im dreading mines then.the thing is how can they asses u when its a call ..it should be face to face..
  • Dan2three
    Oh most definitely when ur home in your safe zone tucked in your Pj's at 1pm doing your assesment, it's easier to hold it together face to face is when triggers are forthright... Hopefully you have someone who follows their notes, hoping mine goes through audit with pip so they pick up the discrepancies 
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Im sorry this has happened to you..very unfair.
    Appeal it asap
    Im dreading mines..it has only taken since dec for me see how long it takes after my assesment..how long did u hear back after yours
  • bart70
    @Sammiecat75 you shouldn’t have to wait long. I put my claim in on the 4th December so you must be due a result soon. 

@Dan2three make sure you put as much detail in your MR as to why the assessment is wrong and remember it’s not about your illness it’s about how it affects YOU. If you can get a letter from your doctor/health professional that goes a long way too. Good luck 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @Dan2three :( Best of luck with your MR. Remember to try and focus your MR on explaining why you do fit the descriptors, rather than what they got wrong as such. How are you feeling about it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Dan2three
    @Sammiecat75 I haven't had the full decision yet... I made my claim 15th Dec, had my assesment 7th, I got the copy of my assesment today.

@bart70 thank you I will be asking my therapist on weds for something in writing off her.

@Tori_Scope I honestly feel deflated it's like you bare your soul to these people of your daily struggles to be told you can cope fine, if you could you wouldn't ask for the help
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Make sure you wait until you get your award letter to see what you're working with before you submit the MR @Dan2three. You're not the only one to feel deflated, and it's completely understandable you'd feel that way. Try and focus on the next steps, and remember that there are options moving forward. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Dan2three
    @Tori_Scope oh yeah I will do as I'm hoping it's audited with dwp... Fingers crossed it is not the full 8 wks wait as that will take it to 8 months already without the MR
  • marija
    marija Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi everyone, it really sadness me to see how many of us are just left out to dry.
    The whole process is just to long. My process started in August when i had a MR of my decision regarding Mental health. As some laws changed in 2016, they had to do some reviews, i never received a call, never received paper work, they just sent out a decision letter, with still the same points awarded.

At our citizen advice bureau i was told to go for a MR, as they couldn't believe the decision. The MR of course was denied, so we appealed and have a tribunal hearing on the 7th of July.

In the meanwhile i had to apply in change of circumstances (again!) mid December, had my assessment beginning of June and again 8 more weeks probably longer as they said on the phone.

We asked for someone whit experience in mental health and got a paramedic?

I will never forget my first assessment, where i had a panick attack, it took the lady 15 minutes to calm me down so we could continue, she quoted "the claimant got a bit emotional", this was a big shock to read!

My PTSD is sadly back and this waiting is just taking all my strength. 

Fingers crossed for all you guys, that the waiting will be over soon.

• cdf99
    cdf99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I’m feeling really frustrated with this whole process :( I need help daily because of a number of health conditions I’ve been waiting a while like everyone else but today have had a payment paid into my bank it works out at just mobility standard rate!, I guess I will have to apple this, I’ll wait for my letter 
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    I applied 26th Oct 2020 finally had assessment 15th June 2021 reading hip report I should get enhanced on both but still awaiting official dwp decision so fingers crossed 
  • marija
    marija Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    dave392 said:
    I applied 26th Oct 2020 finally had assessment 15th June 2021 reading hip report I should get enhanced on both but still awaiting official dwp decision so fingers crossed 
    You been waiting longer even then I have, december 20, assesment june 7th 21.
    Some apply in March 21 and had the assesment before us, doesn't make sense.  :(
  • bart70
    I think it depends on what area your in and which company does your assessment. I applied 4th of December and had my assessment end of May and my decision 3 weeks after my assessment. Can only put it down to area?
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Think mine took so long as was a change in circumstances rather than new claim but fingers crossed it will be all sorted soon 
  • jackz123
    jackz123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Can anyone actually get through to DWP discuss their claim as I spend 6 mins just to get through answering questions then it just hangs up?

Its Done this 6 times

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.