Morning, how's your day going so far? - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning, how's your day going so far?

Options

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,754 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @coylygirl too right at the bullys.
    I'm having a productive day I've managed to get sky down to 30 a month from 43 I only have broadband. Then I did a shop on line and did 36 items for 35 pound. Feeling like a savvy shopper :p 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,018 Pioneering
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I'm so so sorry for your loss. I only just read your post. Such a beautiful cat. I really feel for you as I lost my beautiful cat in January 2020 and still cannot even think about him without crying. He was 1 in a million and irreplaceable. :'(

• Sandy_123
    Options
    @Cressida thank you, I'm sorry about your cat too. I'm quite devastated, I know lots of people have lost loved ones through covid etc and probably say it's just a cat, but he's left a huge emtyness. I'm donating all his things to a cat charity. What I tell my self is the suffering has gone. 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,018 Pioneering
    Options
    @Sandy_123 that's a nice thing to do. I donated a lot of stuff to a local cat charity but have held on to some things. I would never ever say just a cat, this may sound terrible but I miss him more than I have ever missed anybody. Take care of yourself. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,686 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I agree with what you say about the bullies @coylygirl and @Sandy_123 :)

I got bullied by most of the kids though, not just a few. I was a nerd and also had issues so a double whammy for bullying ha ha. But I like to be positive about human nature and think most of those kids grew up to be decent people. A lot I think only do it because they feel they need to join in or be bullied themselves.

Also, you are right that you can just get in touch with the people that matter. Maybe I will try to make contact with the few school friends I had one day!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,686 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PS 36 items for 35 pounds that’s great :smiley:
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    I was badly bullied as I went to a private school for a year and a term on a scholarship.  Then I had to got to the local comp and even the kids I'd got on with at  primary hated me.  I had my first major depression at 12 and this lasted until I was 15 when suddenly we were doing our O levels (showing my age here) and suddenly it was cool to be bright.  I think I've been bipolar all my life but was only diagnosed at 43.  I had a few amazing friends and it has been a delight to touch base with them and find out what they've been doing.  Despite the marriages, divorces, kids, jobs, they're basically the same gang I knew all those years ago and they have helped support me.  So take the plunge (when you're ready), you could find yourself with a bunch of New/Old friends  <3
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @66Mustang savvy shopping me lol they havnt got everything I want so it's now 31 but that's ok, I just ordered a 10kg sack spuds for 4 pound, coming tomorrow, if I go local shop will cost me 1.50 for 1kg. I guess some jacket spuds mash and Bombay potatoes but I will give some away to family. 
    Stuff the bullies there just jealous 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Bad day today, very stressful.

Fortunately I came off a good training course half an hour ago to work out my frustrations.

• Sandy_123
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Great start get my purse out to pay delivery man with right change and I've lost it, how crazy is that, there 1 min gone the next.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,664 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Today so far has been a really sad one for me.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• coylygirl
    Options
    Oh Woodbine, so sorry.  How can we help??  <3
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @woodbine hi ya are you ok what's happened 
  • woodbine
    Options
    It's possibly best I don't say at present, suffice to say scope are unhappy with me

• Sandy_123
    Options
    @woodbine as long as your ok. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder how the kids I knew at school are getting on but I have resisted going to a reunion . Maybe in another fifty years I’ll think differently. I was bullied from day one by very big kids then spent four years fighting my way through school, left at fifteen and I have never wanted to return since. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• coylygirl
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @leeCal kids are still bullied today at schools, a lot have took their owns life sadly, needs tougher punishment and schools need to provide more support for kids to be able to report it.
  • woodbine
    Options
    @sandy123 thanks for asking but i am anything but ok, I feel abandoned, let down and disappointed.

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.