Morning, how's your day going so far? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning, how's your day going so far?

Options

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How long are you in moderation @woodbine?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine we are all here for you, you have helped a lot of people here and given advice to those who needed it, just hang on in there, will all be sorted soon. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    leeCal said:
    Sometimes I wonder how the kids I knew at school are getting on but I have resisted going to a reunion . Maybe in another fifty years I’ll think differently. I was bullied from day one by very big kids then spent four years fighting my way through school, left at fifteen and I have never wanted to return since. 
    I feel the same way about my secondary school, good news is about 3 years after I left they demolished the school and turned the grounds into a Housing Estate, best thing they ever did to that place IMO.

Way back in the late 80's the school had a feud with nearby Newfield Green school, and they tried to drag me into it saying I'd made a trip there during lunch break one day! Pardon? I didn't then, and still don't, even know where Newfield Green school is!

That's how bad they bullying was though, if I hadn't made friends with my ex I'd have decided stuff it and caught the Bus Home on the first day in September 1987.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    @leeCal kids are still bullied today at schools, a lot have took their owns life sadly, needs tougher punishment and schools need to provide more support for kids to be able to report it.
    I totally agree, but there's the added problem of Headmasters who won't willingly admit that THEIR school has a bullying problem!

• Sandy_123
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 and that's where the problem is, head teachers brushing things under carpets,  it's not good enough in 21st century.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,018 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    @sandy123 thanks for asking but i am anything but ok, I feel abandoned, let down and disappointed.
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  As if you haven't got enough on your plate at the moment. Take care.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was lucky at school in the mid 60's to mid 70's I never saw nor was I the victim of bullying. As a governor of a large secondary school in the late 1990's early 2000's I have to say they had a very defined and successful anti bullying policy which worked extremely well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sandy123 and @leecal it will be reviewed on Monday, so far their responses are inadequate and if they don't take me off moderation on monday i will tell them to delete my account and all my post, thanks for the support. If anyone wants my email address to keep in touch just message me.
    cheers
    John
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi @woodbine hopefully be sorted for you, try not to let all this get you down too much, you have bigger things to be worried about 1st. Good luck with it all
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Morning all  what lovely sunshine today, makes you feel good. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We had sunshine all day yesterday today its raining ?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @lisathomas50 oh no, we had the rain yesterday most of the morning, quite mild today can peg washing out. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Sandy_123 the rain is in wales today lovely sunny weather yesterday  maybe the sun will come out later here enjoy the sun while you can xxxx
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @lisathomas50 after all that cold weather, it's nice, I've got to go to chemist today to pick all my tablets up for 2 months. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Sandy_123 lovely going in the sun have a fab day ? x
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @lisathomas50 yeah there is that, need to find my purse first, I've misplaced it. I've got money separate but I need my bank card. The hunt is on.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not to bad today, waiting for a delivery, not sure when that'll arrive, more goodies for my star wars room, need to sort through my bluray collection, its a bit messy, we are planning to go out for some exercise later
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Sandy_123 hope you find your purse I do things like thst lol ? x
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    Woke up after really horrible dreams feeling drained - and my phone rang at 6am from some random number so not the best start.  I would ring them back to find out who is calling me at that ridiculous time of day but tbh can't be arsed.  Havin a trip out by bus to the next town to pick up some essentials so excited about that, when I can wake up properly x
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @Grinchy morning enjoy your exercise later,  a star wars room how cool us that.
    @lisathomas50 I found it, it had slipped the back of the bed.
    @coylygirl it was probably a scam caller ringing, I get a lot of those, keep blocking them. Enjoy your ride out later.
    I'm off to pick all me pills up if the wind don't blow me away.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.