Morning, how's your day going so far? - Page 9 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning, how's your day going so far?

Options

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Haha @cartha were showing our age 
  • cartha
    cartha Community member Posts: 1,390 Pioneering
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ha ha I can't wack the mole lol but I need to do something ?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Lisa I couldn't imagine u standing over lawn with a mallet in your hand lol,  I wonder  if u can get Deterrent pellets like u can with  cats. 
  • cartha
    Options
    Use a frying pan, it's easier, LOL! No, don't hurt the poor moles if you can help it. I've been lucky with moles since I lived here, they seem to stick to the fields. There are also a lot of cats around here, not sure if they work as a deterrent? One neighbour had a badger tear up her lawn once. Just once, out of the blue. It was odd. Must have been some juicy worms under the turf that night.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Only thing I come close to having is a hedge hog, who sheltered in my shed. I never locked the doors so he took refuge. Great for slugs etc. 1 thing I hate here is the bats, if you sit out in the evening on a summers night, they come flying low and wonky
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Sandy_123 I have tried everything but not poison or a trap  I flatend all the mole hills and from what I can see this morning there are no new mole hills 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @lisathomas50 was probably those vibrating poles you have lol, apparently they don't hang around in groups so maybe just the 1
  • cartha
    Options
    I'd keep quiet about those vibrating poles or everyone may want one ;-)  Maybe the moles will enjoy them and stay around, or invite their their friends over! LOL!
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Sandy_123 the poles have been there ages  hopefuly the moles have found another home only time will tell

I got a busy day today I applied for a job today as the employer searched me this time they were impressed with my cv its a housing officer to keep people in their homes that could possibly face eviction 

Also housing homeless people  which I think I will be good at so today my job support have sent me a computer course to do which will help me in the job I have applied for so I am going to be doing that today and probably next couple of days to complete it ?

I am realy enjoying being on scope and haveing my job support with scope even though it hasn't always been good for Me on the forum I am realy glad I joined I have met some lovely people and made good friends ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @cartha I hope the mole doesn't bring his friends lol ? I couldnt cope ha ha 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I'm pleased things are looking  good for future, I have my daughter on at me most days, get a job, it's not as simple, I've worked all my life, and struggled the last 5 year's with adaptions at work then we all got redundant, which was a blessing for me. I'm having time out while assessments are going  through, and medical tests.
    I'm pleased for you tho and it will benefit those who you are helping, so fingers crossed you get That job. 
    I have smiled tho at your poles. 
  • megs2019
    megs2019 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123 I am ok thank you how are you doing . 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Hi @megs2019 I'm ok my son started decorating so a mess every where at moment,  glad your ok, 
  • megs2019
    megs2019 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    @Sandy_123 aww I am glad that your having fun by the sounds of it bless him .  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Sandy_123 at least I made someone smile with the poles i got a pack of four on amazon mole snake and mice the poles suposed to work on ? 

• coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm having a fab day so far, despite a bad night.  I found out that I've been assigned a CPN, something which didn't happen the last time I was really poorly.  Then had a hypnotherapy session with my old school friend.  She's AMAZING and so kind that she's treating me for free.  So relaxing.  Now for my meatball sub from that well known supermarket - well, every little helps!  :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm binge watching peaky blinders at the mo.
    I'm seeing it as a Catherine Cookson, Quentin Tarantino cross over, kind of....Howay, man or I'll cut ya!

Also just finished watching Behind Her Eyes...bit daft, but watchable 
    For some reason the vocals during the sex scenes got more ridiculous as it went on, I mean seriously?
    Who does that!? 
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 393 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was going to start a new thread but since I discovered this one, I thought I would post it here.

I am not bad thank you. I had a Zoom video call this morning and then went for a walk / bit of shopping, at my local Iceland which is just across the road. I have also started online shopping with them too. So far, so good. 

I have just been looking through old pictures. Lots of memories and good times! I hope everyone is ok?
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.