• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Noodles.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Cottage pie 
  • JanetMor
    JanetMor Community member Posts: 74 Contributor
    I put cubed beef , leeks, carrots, potatoes and gravy in my slow cooker around lunchtime.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    I've had a lovely spicy pasta salad from lidl with feta and sun dried tomatoes so il probably skip dinner or just have some soup

I love lidl it's a haven 

Lovely to be able to shop for self again

Where does everyone else like to shop

• JanetMor
    I shop at Tesco although I use click and collect as I'm terrified of Covid
  • Geegeenumber1
    Hi @JanetMor nice to meet you. I get shops from tesco sometimes I like it but I struggle without them putting stuff in bags anymore so prefer Iceland and ocado for that

Yeah damned covid so many ppl I know got it
  • JanetMor
    nice to meet you too geegee. I think covid would be the death of me somehow if I caught it as there are so many things wrong with me and I am 71. Your pasta salad sounds lovely.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Yes was nice gave half to mum who turned her nose up as usual. It wasn't egg and chips or something similar so she dont like it lol

Ah you look very youthful 

Does the fear of covid really restrict you then 

I must say I don't think of it much until ppl say they got it 

• JanetMor
    Thank you for the complement. I am restricted anyway because I can't walk and I won't go out on my scooter on my own as I have been pestered by an aggressive beggar and its really knocked my confidence. My husband still works so I will wait until he has a day off and if the weather is ok we will go out, always in the open air though. We are off to Dorset on Saturday for a week so I am looking forward to that.
  • Geegeenumber1
    awww ive had two years being housebound not being able to walk but got a mobility car after a year wait and have been much more active but still very painful. i hope you have a wonderful time in Dorset, im not sure if ive been there as a child but hear its lovely. lets hope the weather stays nice

Ive got a brand new scooter but never used it! I feel bit nervous -its such a waste . I am trying hard to walk more even though it hurts because for 2 years ive barely left my bed . I want knee surgery but trying to lose weight etc first

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. 

I think i would be nervous going out on scooter alone and being harassed or even it breaking down or whatever, its good you have your husband for support x

i hope we will see you around this part of the forum more!
  • JanetMor
    Oh dear, sorry to hear about your pain. I tried to walk a few weeks ago, it made me feel bad for days. In the end I had to sit down while husband fetched the car, it was so depressing. Is there anyone who can walk beside you while you go out on your scooter? It is difficult to lose weight when we are not very mobile. I wish you all the best in your recovery, geegee, keep strong x

• Geegeenumber1
    Thanks very much. Yes go everywhere with mum but moving into place soon where will be more independent might have to get help from carer etc
    Yes weight all came on with being unable to exercise 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,059 Championing
    I've had porridge as soft to eat 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Not suprised fingers crossed for tomorrow - no pork scratchings for you xxx
  • JanetMor

• JanetMor
    This is my dog Tilly, the last time we went to Dorset.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Can't see pic. I've got cats! Lovely to have animals esp when stuck in alone. Dunno what I'd do without mine x had since were babies you
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Aww hi Tilly. Thanks for sharing a photo of Tilly with us @JanetMor. How are you both today? I hope you are both well but if you need anything, we are here for you  :)

And what animals do you have @Geegeenumber1? I agree with you, animals can be really wonderful. Not least when you are stuck in alone  :)
  • Geegeenumber1
    3 beautiful cats which are my whole world
  • JanetMor
    thank you L-Volunteer