What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    ive only had crunchy nut cornflakes so far which have just made me more hungry thanks to all the sugar ha ha, thanks dear mum, have to get out of the habit of being waited on soon!

Like to spoil her as well tho so be my turn like used to do

she will help when we do more elaborate meals gonna try a tagine i think with my new tagine from argos was cheapest ones on amazon are crazy expensive

I used to think i was treating myself buying the luxury ready meals two for fiver in iceland esp the fish pie which is yummy and the mousakka and theyve jumped by a pound overnight but still cheap compared to other spermarkets
  • Geegeenumber1
    @66Mustang

Well it is for me as I've had a gastric band. A kids meal costs three quid and lasts two meals lol

But yeah depends where you go and what you eat of course but it's not cheap however you eat really now I don't think 

I just bulk buy when things are on offer and freeze which helps but things like meat fish even frozen veg has jumped in price but now I've had op I'm eating more ready meals which actually aren't so expensive as they last 2 or more meals 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Oh didn’t know you went for the kids meals, yeah they are quite good value I have noticed. Sometimes 2 kids meals is cheaper than 1 adult meal so I often wonder if you can order 2 of those instead of an adult meal lol
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Now thats an idea @66Mustang i wonder if any one has tried that one mmmm.
    Your sounding good and chilled xx
  • Geegeenumber1
    to be honest the amount they give the kids is unbelieveable in most places. Most you wouldnt beliebve is a kids portion, mum cant believe it when she sees what i get plated up and its only ever 3 or 4 pound at the most. I went out and had nuggets or fishfingers chips and beans (sometimes yure in the mood lol!) and I had to have the smaller under 5's one as it was too much

As for roast dinners and fish and chips mum who eats like i used to eat and more besides says its more than enough for her for a lunch or dinner esp if shes had breakfast and isnt starving, the rest is just greed. She now eats kids portion with me

Ive only been refused once by a wimpy and the guy was a jobsworth 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Hi @SueHeath yes quite chilled at the moment thanks :) I hope you are having a nice day. 

@Geegeenumber1 yes I know the sort of person. I remember when I passed my driving test (I was 23) we went to a restaurant to celebrate and the waiter wouldn’t let me have a pint, something to do with my provisional license not being valid ID because I’d passed my test and I needed to wait for the full license to come back. Luckily most waiters and waitresses are accommodating though :) we ate out recently with someone with stomach issues who only wanted a small portion and they were more than happy to give them a children’s meal.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,059 Championing
    edited May 2022
    Got left over fajitas
    I've noticed eggs have jumped from 98p to 1.20 for 6
  • Geegeenumber1
    yeah sad really i laughed when he offered to give me a kids size portion but pay for an adult meal price. we left and didnt buy anything 

But yeah most people are happy. Whats the point in wasting not only money but usually good food as well if you cant eat it anyway
  • Geegeenumber1
    yeah ive noticed how expensive eggs were. i was gonna start buying 6 eggs as eating much less now but its cheaper for mum and I to share a larger pack 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Breaded Chicken & Curly Fries tonight, clearing out the old in my freezer.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Pizza hut heated up
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Salmon fishcakes with hollandaise centre with chips and peas 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,059 Championing
    Oven fish and chips 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Home made chicken curry tonight for us x