What's for tea tonight!

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Had some mince left out so Mince & Dumplings.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Did you like your posh sounding dinner @Sandy_123 just asking as you mentioned prawns and wine?
    Mince and dumplings sounds good @bg844 do you add any veg to your mince.

Tonight my husband wants his new found love "AGAIN" Beef Cobbler - can't believe he suddenly found a taste for it ha ha x
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    Kids meal fish and chips for lunch today it must be at least a few days since had it 
  • SueHeath
    Ha ha yep @Geegeenumber1 x
  • Geegeenumber1
    Otherwise we get withdrawal symptoms 
  • SueHeath
    watch you don't start growing scales  :D:p x
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,059 Championing
    I'm not a fan of prawns and I don't drink. So avoid alcoholic foods usually. Thought it was just a salmon en croute, picked wrong one up. 
    Having  chicken fajitas tonight, just got to pick up a fajita mix, I've probably got the spices in and sour cream I need.

• Geegeenumber1
    I always look at those en croute salmon things and cheesy creamy salmon gratins and things and fancy trying. I've treated myself to a big ocado order got 20 pound off loads of fancy m and s dine in meals and some whole salmon sides etc haha will be cut into tiny pieces to freeze... Some big pie rs for mum and tiny bits for cats haha.. Looking forward to home cooking when move in. Getting my new fridge and freezer today! Lol
  • SueHeath
    Good to hear about fridge/freezer, i must admit since i packed up work i have enjoyed going back to scratch cooking and also making larger items so i can freeze for next time, i'm hoping it will save on gas bills ha ha x
  • Geegeenumber1
    Lol I'm trying to sort my gas electric out now. Trying to get smarty metre they've given me bloody key 

Gotta wait a month

Wanna find out if on economy 7 best rime to use radiator tumble dryer etc

Apparently they don't cost as much as you think but not sure been living at mums a long time but it's 2orth it for indepen 

I love being in own place washing up cooking etc but can't do heavy housewotk

Yeah I love batch cooking got a million Pyrex dishes 

Dislike baking tho

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Having chicken and mushroom risotto tonight from gino range never made my own risotto think I need to give it a try 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    I hope that it all gets sorted out soon @Geegeenumber1!

It's quite easy @janer1967 :) 
  • bg844
    Last night I had Chicken Pie and tonight I’m having Chicken Madras.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Leftover Wetherspoon halloumi Southern fried chicken strips and spicy feast pizza
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Pie chips and gravy 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    We are having a posh salmon dish today…

We don’t usually have fish as it’s expensive but I love fish, it’s one of my favourite foods. :)
  • bg844
    I’m a huge Fish fan too can’t get enough of it, frightening how much meats such as Chicken have gone up that soon it might be seen as a luxury! 
  • Geegeenumber1
    everything seems to have gone up in price, my mum does a lot of the shopping and i dont notice it as much but the dishes i used to cook with lamb and beef mince etc are really expensive now you can get cheap pub and cafe meals cheaper than it costs to make them sometimes

just having leftovers tonight I think, feel hungry now
  • SueHeath
    I agree with you all things are getting really expensive at the moment.
    The only thing coming down is the rain ha ha xx

Not sure what were having tonight, some thing with salad tho, see what hubby fancies when he gets home x
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Very true @bg844 lol :( I have noticed the same with chicken, a family member is on a protein diet and eats 2 chicken breasts a day, they were £1.75 for ages now they are £2.25. So much for 7% inflation that’s more like 25%.

@Geegeenumber1 that’s interesting, can’t say we’ve found it cheaper to eat out but there are 3 of us usually, sometimes more, maybe if only feeding one or two people it could work out cheaper?