Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is happytwinkle! I'm looking for friendships near my age
Hi. I'm 50, live in West Sussex. I was born deaf (I have partial hearing in my left ear) and suffered from a very rare condition called "Methylmalonic Metabolic Acidemia - MMA" At the age of 13. 5 the MMA caused me to go into a coma and my coma has caused me to be partly brain damaged which affects my great speech difficulty, my movement is slower and I also have Dystonia which causes my muscles spasm/stiffness. I don't let it get me down about my disability and I'm a positive person and have think of other things to do. I am a non-smoker and prefer to meet someone who is a non-smoker too. I have my own PA to take me out three days a week to keep me active and I like going to different places. I'm quite a chatterbox lol ? I love to chat with new people to make new friends. Thank you for reading my profile. Take care.
I'm looking for a very caring, loyal, kind, friendly and patient for friendships near my age, I need someone to have lots of patience with me because of my speech difficulty and my deafness, although I still can speak sometimes, depending on how I am. I can lip-read really well. I have an iPad for a communication aid to help me to communicate with hearing people.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 838 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 773 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments