Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
What is Moderate Learning Difficulties?
When I started school, teachers noticed I was not picking up on things and my classmates. I was not at the level expected of someone my age with reading and writing. I was diagnosed with Moderate Learning Difficulties. I have never seen any posts about MLD on Instagram or Twitter. I haven't heard of anyone talk about it. Not even the teachers talked about it to me while I was at school, I tried googling it, but there's not much there. It was hard to describe it to the people at the PIP assessment as I don't even understand my own disability. What is moderate learning difficulties? What effects does it have on a person? Does it mean you're forgetful, have difficulty focusing on tasks?
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.