whats everyone having for breakfast and lunch?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing
    edited June 2022
    Yey!  that's so good @Geegeenumber1!!! Do you know when you start the job?
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,067 Empowering
    thank you yes its very exciting i will be working with families and specifically children and having none of my own and being the youngest I have no experience whatsover so its very exciting and will be a challenge I think. Ive no idea when I will start but they did say as soon as possible. Im hoping i will get a weeks notice at least so that I can sort out my home etc obviously as ive just moved. still got lots to do including unpacking and got carpet and wardrobes, oven etc being fitted in coming weeks x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Well done on the job @Geegeenumber1dont know how you find the time with the study as well 

What job is it 
  • Geegeenumber1
    thank you very much, no its a placement which is part of my final year of my masters

I cant do a job on top of my masters x

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,025 Championing
    Good luck on your placement @Geegeenumber1
  • Geegeenumber1
    thank you very much @Sandy_123 i am really trying to push my grades up so want to excel on my placement but of course I cant put too much pressure on myself as will prob backfire. Just gotta get the balance right have worked out a special timetable for placement study and leisure! x*
  • Geegeenumber1
    half a chocolate croissant and gallons of water 
  • Geegeenumber1
    hi there thank you its a long one about 100 days with one day off ! i really want to do well and get good grade to bump up my overall grade! Could be starting anyday gonna be busy busy 
  • Geegeenumber1
    had half a choc croissant and an early lunch of ham cheese tomato and mayo but didnt  enjoy the scotch morning rolls - too sweet 
  • Geegeenumber1
    thank you 
  • Geegeenumber1
    and a big glass of semi skim milk - need to up my protein as started back lifting weights at home - anybody else lift weights?
  • Sandy_123
    I had toast today for breakfast.  
    I can't lift weights, I used to go to a local gym but consultant pulled me out with exception of the treadmill. Not paying just for treadmill, altho I miss the sauna. 
  • Geegeenumber1
    did you enjoy weights? I love them but got my knee injury going mad with them with a crazy personal trainer. So will certainly be taking it easy with things like squats etc this time around. Yes I love the sauna too. Ive got a years free membership starting soon but not gonna start it til got the spare time to use it more as Im snowed under right now and want  to get the value of it 

there are so many apps and things that you can do it at home but i do like the sauna etc
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Best of luck with the placement @Geegeenumber1 :) 

I don't lift weights, but I know a lot of people who do. If you're looking to get more protein into your diet, have you tried protein shakes? I'm trying to gain weight at the moment, so I make protein shakes with added stuff in them. 
  • Geegeenumber1
    yes i have a cupboaard full of protein! I get mine from my protein and also have meal replacements which have about 20-25g of protein. I have just bought a big shop with frozen berries, greek yogurt, chia seeds, banana etc to add to make them more palatable but i really love dunn river nurishment drinks which are £1 when on offer and are on offer at tesco at minute so bought 16 of those ha ha they taste lovely the choc ones but you might like other flavours like banana and vanilla and they have 20g of protein. they are good for putting weight on

good luck with putting some weight on, is it a long term thing? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    That all sounds good @Geegeenumber1! I actually haven't tried many nourishment drinks, but I've considered it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks :) Yes, it's a work in progress. I'm not forcing myself to gain too quickly, but am trying to stay on top of it so that I'm steadily gaining. 

Speaking of, I'm probably going to have dippy eggs and toast again for lunch, with some other bits on the side.
  • Geegeenumber1
    eggs on toast sound lovely and of course the best protein you can have! good luck with it 
  • Geegeenumber1
    had an myprotein chocolate protein shake with 25 grams of protein in - wasnt too bad, need to get used to them as got a ton of them and need to get my protein up!
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    For Lunch I really fancy toast for some reason.
  • Sandy_123
    Toast