Pip - timeline - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip - timeline

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Sorry this is a silly question so today I had my assessment and in 8 weeks I hear back then what will happen I’m new to all this 

They tell everyone 8 weeks but it's more like 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeh098
    leeh098 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Sorry this is a silly question so today I had my assessment and in 8 weeks I hear back then what will happen I’m new to all this 

They tell everyone 8 weeks but it's more like 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    It depends on the work load in you’re area about decisions, The best thing you could do is Request a copy of your Assessment Report, This should tell you if you’re likely to receive PIP, But from what I’ve read Decision makers don’t always go with the report.
  • tanbang
    tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    @leeh098

hi lee have you received your report yet ? 
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

hi lee have you received your report yet ? 
    Hello, I received the Assessment Report, Haven’t had a Decision Maker letter yet, I’m guessing that’ll say the same though 0 points, it’s just a waiting game now I suppose.
  • tanbang
    Options
    @leeh098

oh no so you not entitled to pip then ? I have asked for my report I’m just waiting for it to come and I let you know …..
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

oh no so you not entitled to pip then ? I have asked for my report I’m just waiting for it to come and I let you know …..
    I have no idea yet, I’m assuming the decision maker will go with the assessment report and refuse me, Then I will have to make a mandatory reconsideration, Its a lengthy frustrating process I’m afraid .
  • tanbang
    Options
    @leeh098

can I ask what affects you on a daily basis? 
    Mine was for mental health, anxiety disorder Phobias
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

I have Anti social personality disorder, Autism and OCD, I do not understand complex verbal and written information, I have anxiety too, I barely leave the house, Body feels like it’s tingling, Always feel like people are looking at me, Which has got me into trouble for saying ‘What are you looking at’, But the assessor did Not write any of this in her report at all.
  • tanbang
    Options
    @leeh098

I’m sorry to here this I’m guessing mine will be the same …
    we have similar conditions 
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

It taken 2 days to receive my Assessment Report, Keep me posted about yours please, I’m preparing a MR letter as we speak. Just incase the Decision maker goes with the report, I sent evidence from my Autism Diagnosis too, which they didn’t seem to read either, it’s frustrating knowing you’re telling the truth, But the assessor doesn’t see anything wrong with you.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

It would be extremely difficult to compare yourself to someone else because we are all affected differently by these conditions, even someone with the same conditions as yourself.

This is because PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

No, not really. The majority of people are successfully awarded PIP with no problems at all. Remember on an internet forum you will mostly only read the bad stories. If someone had a decision they're happy with, they have no questions to ask so we don't hear their story.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sunshie20
    Sunshie20 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm new to the community, was reading all your posts regarding PIP, I'm currently trying to fill out the form  I was given the choice of the online or paper format, I decided on the online format, I started it however finding it very challenging, Does anyone know where I can get help and support in filling out the form??.  any help would be appreciated, I have Osteoarthritis the joints of my feet, toes and ankles.. .Thx in Advance 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sunshie20 said:..Does anyone know where I can get help and support in filling out the form??.  ..
    Look here https://advicelocal.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tanbang
    Options
    @leeh098

hi just a update I received my report and scored 0 on everything ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

The report is a recommendation only and you don’t score points, only a decision maker scores the points. It has been known for them to go against those recommendations.
    Once the decision is made if you’re not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    @leeh098

Thanks for the update, Exactly like mine unfortunately, I guess we’ll just have to see what the Decision Maker say, Like Poppy said, It has been known for them to go against the report, Maybe we’ll get lucky 
  • Sunshie20
    Sunshie20 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tanbang sorry to hear about your report, but as others have said, nothing is confirmed yet, and there's always mandatory reconsideration. 

Let us know when you hear more, and we'll help and support you as best we can :) 

@leeh098 let us know how you get on too, please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you need to!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • tanbang
    Options
    I have appealed, will just called to say I would like too so got to send more paper work off and wait to here back … not sure what I’m really doing never done this before 
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    I have appealed, will just called to say I would like too so got to send more paper work off and wait to here back … not sure what I’m really doing never done this before 
    I’m hoping I get my decision soon, will be typing a MR up just incase I need to send one.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.