Pip - timeline - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip - timeline

Options

Comments

• tanbang
    tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    Not sure what to write ? Never done this before 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Has your decision letter arrived yet @tanbang?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • tanbang
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying that @tanbang :) In terms of what to write for your MR, you might find this page on the Turn2Us website helpful. 
    What to say or write

When you ask for Mandatory Reconsideration, tell the DWP (in your phone call or in your letter):
    • Your national insurance number
    • The date of your decision letter
    • Why you disagree with their decision
    • If you are late, tell them why
    When you explain why you disagree with their decision, tell the DWP:
    • How many points you think you should have scored for each activity
    • What you think they did not take into account about your disability
    • Give examples of things they should consider
    Checking the decision yourself can make it easier to know what to tell the DWP. Read our Check PIP decision page for tips on checking and understanding your PIP decision.
    For help writing a letter, you can:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Not sure what to write ? Never done this before 

A couple of days ago you posted that you received the report. Have you actually received the decision letter yet? If you haven't, the report is not the decision letter and you will need to wait for the decision to made to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeh098
    leeh098 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    I’m not too sure which they have received either, The Assessment report or the Decision makers decision, I’m confused, I haven’t received anything from the DM yet.
  • tanbang
    Options
    Yes the letter said I’m not entitled to pip i will try and upload 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Yes the letter said I’m not entitled to pip i will try and upload 

You need to make sure you cover all your personal details before posting anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tanbang
    Options
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:

It’s absolutely bizarre how they can give 0 points, I’m expecting the same when I receive my decision too, I had my assessment on the 3rd, I’m assuming the letter won’t be long in the post lol.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, that's the decision letter. For the MR you need to state exactly where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    If you didn't do this when you filled out the form you should add a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least one A4 side of paper per descriptor.
    Medical evidence such as Consultant/GP letters are only helpful if they state exactly how your conditions affect you and most don't. They only state the basics like medication, diagnosis etc etc.
    Waiting times for MR decision's are anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer, so you may not have the decision before Christmas.
    You may also want to get some expert advice to check that you defnitely qualify. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• tanbang
    Options
    To me it all sounds to much it’s all overwhelming I think I just have to go without. And my anxiety disorder I have no help with I did cbt they said I needed more help and sent me links on who to contact but you have to pay ??? I I just carrying on taking medication for god knows how long I been on medication now since I was 15 there it’s just no end to it 
  • leeh098
    Options
    tanbang said:
    To me it all sounds to much it’s all overwhelming I think I just have to go without. And my anxiety disorder I have no help with I did cbt they said I needed more help and sent me links on who to contact but you have to pay ??? I I just carrying on taking medication for god knows how long I been on medication now since I was 15 there it’s just no end to it 
    It is frustrating and upsetting, Don’t give up now, you’ve come a long way, There is no immediate rush to send your MR you have 1 month, You could do some research to help get a better understanding what to do.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's a decision only you can made. MR success rate is much lower than Tribunal but we've had lots of members that have been successful at MR stage, as well as other members who've had to take it to Tribunal.
    You can use the link i posted above to check what's local to you for further expert advice, put your postcode in and drop the box to "welfare benefits"
  • tanbang
    Options
    Thank you both x
  • Tori_Scope
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Was the CBT you had through the NHS @tanbang

You can refer yourself for talking therapy through the IAPT service if you live in England, so that might be worth looking into. 

Do you find that the medication you're on helps at all? 

• tanbang
    Options
    You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.
  • tanbang
    Options
    I got this message so I don’t need to do anything??
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    tanbang said:
    I got this message so I don’t need to do anything??
    You don’t need to do anything (just wait).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tanbang said:
    You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

This means you've requested the MR, was this by telephone? If you haven't already given a couple of real world examples then you should do this and send it to them. This advice was given to you a couple of days ago.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.