Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
DVLA are a joke at the moment
I made a DVLA thread months ago but it seems to of vanished with the new forum. I applied for my medical driving licence back in March 2021 after my doctor saying I could drive again.
I am still waiting its been 8 months with the last update over 2 months ago to say they have everything from the doctors and it "won't be long" I just feel so depressed over waiting for it, as its my only way to get out and get some independence.
I can see people are complaining all over twitter but noone is waiting since March for their license, the whole ordeal this year with PIP, work capability application and DVLA is really stressing me out. I can see why people drive without licenses at this point.
For people trying to get in touch with DVLA and can't you have to play like a phone competition to get through. You have to spam call till you hear the right message that will let you be put in the queue. If you get the generic too busy message you have to hang up and redial. Spam this for a few times and you get through.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.