In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here

Options

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi you ok the ward seems pretty quiet so I’m lucky but it only takes one person to enter and the whole ward then changes . I have my own room but it’s very basic because people don’t stay here long at all like a few days till a week they either go home or go to hospital another one . So basically there also gonna help me find a new nurse also as I’m not happy with the care I’m getting in the community . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - I'm OK thank you, & all the better from hearing from you. I'm pleased the ward is quiet, & helping you get a new nurse for when you're home is really positive. It's great your concerns are being listened to, & that will help you get home with better care, xx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    The staff here are ok I just had a chat with the nurse there not letting me go out for a walk even tho that helps me calm down . I’ll be here at least till Tuesday at least . Xx because the doctor needs to assess me whether I can go home , go back under my community team and be looked after at home or whether I need to go to another hospital . 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - it makes sense that you need to be seen by a Dr after the weekend to see how you are (& be honest). Hopefully you will know more then. Also hope the ward stays peaceful & that you get a decent nights sleep tonight. Speak to you again, xx
  • chiarieds
    Options
    How are things going today @cupcake88 ? - I'm fair worn out already as I'm looking after my son's little dog again, but only until about 3pm.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no, i've only just seen this! I'm so sorry to hear you're in hospital again @cupcake88 but happy to know that you will at least be kept safe!
    I've sent you a recent picture of little Noah today so i hope that at least makes you smile just a little, i know you love seeing pictures of him.
    Thinking of you my friend and please remember that you so many friends here to support you anytime you need it.
    Sending some gentle hugs your way! Lots of love xx
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 how are you doing today?

I'm sorry you're in hospital, but I'm glad to hear the ward is quiet for you and the staff are okay. You said they were going to help you find a new nurse?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

Thanks for keeping us updated. Like everyone else here on Scope's forum, I am sorry to hear you are in hospital but I am glad to hear people are looking after you. How are you currently feeling?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @cupcake88 :)

I just wanted to pop on to see how you're getting on and to let you know that a lot of our members support and care for you :). I'm sorry to hear that you're in hospital, but I hope you're being treated well and the team around you are nice and friendly. 

Keep us updated and we hope to hear from you soon.
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi every one i feel very let down by the mental health services in my area I feel like I’m just caught in a cycle from home to hospital then back again . My community support has gone from bad to worst they don’t actually do any thing . I mean my other nurse who retiered recently she was strict with me but never rude and she got things done . I just don’t trust this nurse I have in the community after our falling out .

im just having a hard time at the moment I feel like hospital is my second home my partner even jokes bout us spending Valentine’s Day in the hospital car park lol because we litterally live at the mental health assessment place . 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I want to thank you all for your amazing support mental illness is so hard and you all have supported me and said prayers for me it means a lot xx 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Oh @cupcake88 - you would support any of us just the same, & we all just want to know you're alright. Are you no further forward in getting a new nurse in the community? I thought it was said they would help you with this.
    Now no spending Valentine's Day in the hospital car park.....we just want you home safe & well. Have you seen a Dr yet, or will that be tomorrow? Sending another gentle hug, xx
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi every one i feel very let down by the mental health services in my area I feel like I’m just caught in a cycle from home to hospital then back again . My community support has gone from bad to worst they don’t actually do any thing . I mean my other nurse who retiered recently she was strict with me but never rude and she got things done . I just don’t trust this nurse I have in the community after our falling out .

im just having a hard time at the moment I feel like hospital is my second home my partner even jokes bout us spending Valentine’s Day in the hospital car park lol because we litterally live at the mental health assessment place . 
    Hi @cupcake88,    

It's so lovely to hear from you. 

I'm really sorry that you're feeling let down by the mental health services. It's such a shame that you don't feel that comfortable with your current nurse. Is there anyone that you can speak to directly in the services that will potentially help you find a new nurse? I'm sure if you were to explain your situation to them, then they might try and find you a new nurse - it could be worth a try? :)

I can understand why you might feel like that, but remember, your boyfriend wants to support you and he cares for you. No matter what situation you might be in. Have you managed to see a doctor yet?

Please keep us updated and remember, we are all here for you.
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi my dear friend I have been told I need to stay abit longer then they will decide what happens . Whether I go on to a proper ward or not as I’m on a assessment ward so it’s very basic and when I say basic I mean very basic I’m not happy here at all . X 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Sorry you need to stay a while longer before a decision is made, & especially as you're not happy there; it must be very challenging. I hope you fight to get a better nurse in the community as no-one should have someone in their home they don't trust, least of all someone who is supposed to be helping you. Stay strong my dear friend; I'm so sorry you're not happy, but I hope you feel safe. You know you're always in my thoughts & prayers, xx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88.
    I’m so sorry to read this Iv just saw your post haven’t been on for a few days. 
    I hope your safe and stay strong your well loved remember that.
    Your in my thoughts and prayers ❤️❤️ Xx
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88, I'm sorry to see you're back in hospital again. 

Are you getting any treatment/therapy there or just being kept safe at the moment?  It does seem like there isn't really a long term plan for you currently and something needs to change to stop this cycle.

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,018 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88 I just wanted to add my best wishes to you and hope things get sorted soon for you. 

• cupcake88
    Options
    Hi every one I was allowed out into town today on my own and I can’t really say on the forum as it might trigger some one but I did some thing that put my life at risk and got brought back to the hospital so now there’s no chance I’ll be out before Xmas . There moving me to a ward at some point who knows when or where it will be I hate where iam now.

i decided not to have visitors because when I get visitors I get worst when they leave especially my partner . It’s all waiting at the moment for a answer of what is going on . I’ll keep you all updated my lovely friends x 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Hey @cupcake88

Thank you for updating us all, we are all here for you and want to know what's going on, so please make sure you keep checking in with us as we care a lot. I'm so sorry to hear that you're back in hospital. I assume you are safe and now under the care of professionals? I'm really happy that you're getting some support and people are there for you. Is there any specific reason as to why you hate where you currently are? I'm just thinking if there's anything that can be done to change that? :)

Once you have a bit more clarification about your positioning in the hospital, I'm sure things will settle down a little and things will become a bit more stable for you. Stability always helps and will hopefully make you feel a bit more comfortable with where you are right now. Just know, that you have a whole online community supporting you right now and your partner and visitors also support you so much too.

Libby
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.