In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here

Options

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    The reasons why I’m struggling here is because there’s more male staff than female staff I prefer to be some where where’s there’s more female staff . It’s really basic because it’s a treatment ward so there are no activities going on no colouring books no nothing the staff aren’t as nice and they never have time to speak to you some are nice some are not . 

I wish I hadn’t left the posh one I was in a few weeks ago because I was well looked after there I just wanted to come home . 

Now I’m stuck staring at 4 cold blank walls . I felt really creeped out when I asked to go sit in the quiet room and it was basically a room with toilet and surrounded by crash mats it was like one of those old school padded cells it really freaked me out . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry @cupcake88 - I hope you get moved to a good hospital soon, & that things will then improve for you, then after that will you please stop trying to see what different hospitals are like, please! Seriously, you know how much we all want you to be so much improved, & it must be difficult for you waiting to see where a bed can be found,
    Thank you for your update again, tho I would have wished things different. Try to stay positive, please; you will get better, & I hope that day isn't too long in coming. Love & hugs, xx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi my dear friend I’m prepared to really work with services this time I mean some times they are **** depends where you go and some I don’t want to interact with services . But even if it means me being in hospital for Xmas then so be it I deserve to get well and live some normally it’s also not fair on my partner and dog seeing me in and out of hospital . 

I’m planning on making this my final hospital stay for mental illness make this admission to hospital count . Xx
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cupcake88 I'm really glad to hear that you want to work with the services, I believe you've got the strength to do this. Thank you for sharing how you're feeling.

I'm sorry to hear how you were feeling earlier about where you are right now, but hopefully as chiarieds says, you can move somewhere nicer soon, and things will improve. 

Always remember you have the support of the whole online community, your partner, your dog, and everyone else who loves you as well. Please keep us all up to date with how you get on, and carry on reaching out to us here. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - that's the positivity you need. :) Of course you deserve to get well; that's what we're all hoping for, & we'll all be here with you along the way. I can't say how much it means to see you determined that this time things will work out for you, as you're part of the team too.
    If you're not home for Christmas, I'm sure you're partner will just celebrate it with you when you're back home with him & your dog again. Look forward to that, & your life together once more. I'm so pleased with how you're turning things around; so proud of you, xx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi every one I have moved hospitals now as I explained before the other one was a assessment ward I’m now on a treatment ward but was no local beds available so I got a out of area bed again I’m in another private hospital I seem to get lucky and into private hospitals so far the staff seem very nice usually mental health hospitals have awful bedding where your duvet falls out the other side this is double bed which proper mattress and duvet it’s homely my room it’s spacious. 

I’m blessed to have a bed in a hospital because literally there is a major bed crisis at the moment some really poorly people are getting turned away as there are no beds . 

I have a fighting spirit and lately mental illness has taken over well not any more . Mental illness won’t win this time . I’ll have Xmas day when I come out . Like I did with my bday I celebrated that when I came out . I need to make this hospital admission my last because this no life in and out of hospital . Glad I have all my friends on here cheering me on x 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Cupcake 

Im so pleased you’ve been moved to a much better hospital.

Your sounding much more positive which is lovely to read.

Your in all our thoughts and prayers.

Stick in there and stay strong.❤️Xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you have been moved to a suitable hospital your positivity is amazing , you are strong and can do this 

Make us all proud 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - so pleased the move has been quick, & it seems like it's a good place, being another private hospital. Do make sure you tell the Drs exactly how you feel; be completely honest, so best to work with them. Don't forget to say you need a new nurse in the community too.
    It's great to hear about your fighting spirit, &, being in a good hospital again, this will help you make this admission count; I have every faith in you.
    Pleased you have a nice room; the assessment ward didn't sound very nice at all, especially the quiet room.
    My son, his wife & I have had Christmas early, when we had so much snow they couldn't get into work, & also late as my daughter-in-law was working Christmas Day. We've also celebrated Christmas Day in January when we 3 went up to see my eldest daughter & family. It doesn't matter when so long as you share it with those you love.
    You've made a big step forward, but all future steps forward count, even if they're small ones, they're still steps in the right direction. Again, I'm so proud of you. My prayers will, as always, continue my dear friend, xx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Thank you my friends for all your support and kind words and prayers it means the whole world to me to know every one is wishing me well . I have a update for you all . I saw the main doctor here today in ward round and he has put me on a new med but I’m back on the injection form because he actually said the amount of times I have been in hospital this year is silly and we need to get the right medication and make sure I take it . 

And the only way to do that is to give it to me in injection form so they gave me a test dose of my new anti pychotic so my body gets used to it then weekly I’ll have another one so they can get the right dose for me then it be two weekly after that in the community. 

I will be here for some time they said they can’t say how long because it depends when I’m more better but there allowing me to go home for Xmas for a couple of days but I can’t go home for New Years but I’m hoping this admission will fly by I’m on a quiet floor so there’s no noise where my room is and on a whole the hospital is not chaotic and the staff all seem really nice and caring . 

And there going to help me get a new care co in the community because the one I have is clearly no good they said to be making me cry and not doing her job properly . 

Because it’s important my community team are on point with the plan because staying well is in the community they need to be supporting me more . 

But honestly being on this forum is amazing I have made so many friends and the support as always means the world to me xx

also today they had a travelling mini farm come see us today and they brought all sorts of animals with them they brought two bunnies , two lizard things I didn’t look at them as I don’t like reptiles , they bought a bird and a skunk and a skinny pig so a Guiny pig but with no furr we all got to hold and stroke the animals staff and patients it made my day they said they go all over its pet therapy the animals love all the attention it made my day but also made me cry because I thought of my dog but it was a real treat . 

Tonight the activity is bingo and apparently every Monday night staff takes us all out bowling and the hospital pay for it it’s like being at a holiday camp lol . I’m excited for bingo we used to play that at one of the hospitals I was at and we used to play for prizes like shampoo , body wash stuff you need in hospital . Xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

Thanks for your update. We really do care and want to know what is happening as we want to make sure you are ok.

How are you feeling about all of this and especially the injection?

I am glad you benefit from our support. We are a friendly and supportive community and I am glad you find the same! You deserve all of our support.

Animal therapy can work wonders, can't it! In fact, scrap that, any time with animals can be fabulous can't it? Animals give unconditional love and often lots of cuddles too!

I can hear your positivity around animals and bingo which is wonderful! Enjoy bingo and please feel free to continue updating us with your progress  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 that all sounds really positive and the activities sound great 

Great you can go home for few days at Christmas I'm sure your partner and dog will be pleased 

One thing I would like to see you do is make sure you stay in hospital as long as it takes to get you stable and ready to be able to go home with some community support in place.  I know long hospital stays are not ideal but this one sounds OK and it's where you need to be right now 

Take care x x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so pleased to hear that you're now in a different hospital with a proper bed and a nice duvet. You definitely sound so much more positive than you were a few days ago and that's made me smile!
    Great news that you can go home for a little while for Christmas, i'm sure that made you smile too.
    Just think about yourself and getting the right medication that will work for you.
    Big hugs and lots of love to you my friend! xx
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's all sounding a lot more positive @cupcake88, which is great to hear :) 

It also seems as though you have quite a few things to look forward to now, which is always nice! I hope that you enjoy your days home at Christmas, and that the bingo is good fun. The bowling sounds good as well - do you like bowling? 

I just looked up skinny pigs. They look like tiny potatoes! So cute. 

I hope that starting on the new medication all goes well, and that they're able to offer you the support you need to get through it. 

I always look forward to seeing your updates, so please do keep in touch :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    Thank you my friends for all your support and kind words and prayers it means the whole world to me to know every one is wishing me well . I have a update for you all . I saw the main doctor here today in ward round and he has put me on a new med but I’m back on the injection form because he actually said the amount of times I have been in hospital this year is silly and we need to get the right medication and make sure I take it . 

And the only way to do that is to give it to me in injection form so they gave me a test dose of my new anti pychotic so my body gets used to it then weekly I’ll have another one so they can get the right dose for me then it be two weekly after that in the community. 

I will be here for some time they said they can’t say how long because it depends when I’m more better but there allowing me to go home for Xmas for a couple of days but I can’t go home for New Years but I’m hoping this admission will fly by I’m on a quiet floor so there’s no noise where my room is and on a whole the hospital is not chaotic and the staff all seem really nice and caring . 

And there going to help me get a new care co in the community because the one I have is clearly no good they said to be making me cry and not doing her job properly . 

Because it’s important my community team are on point with the plan because staying well is in the community they need to be supporting me more . 

But honestly being on this forum is amazing I have made so many friends and the support as always means the world to me xx

also today they had a travelling mini farm come see us today and they brought all sorts of animals with them they brought two bunnies , two lizard things I didn’t look at them as I don’t like reptiles , they bought a bird and a skunk and a skinny pig so a Guiny pig but with no furr we all got to hold and stroke the animals staff and patients it made my day they said they go all over its pet therapy the animals love all the attention it made my day but also made me cry because I thought of my dog but it was a real treat . 

Tonight the activity is bingo and apparently every Monday night staff takes us all out bowling and the hospital pay for it it’s like being at a holiday camp lol . I’m excited for bingo we used to play that at one of the hospitals I was at and we used to play for prizes like shampoo , body wash stuff you need in hospital . Xx
    Hi @cupcake88 :)        

Thank you for sharing your updates with us and it's so wonderful to hear that you're in a better environment and one that you feel safe and cared for. I can imagine it makes a huge difference to your experience and it's great that the staff are welcoming :) 

How are you feeling about your new medication, with it being an injection? It's great that the management team are proactive in helping you gain the right support with your medication. I'm really happy for you that you can spend some time at home during Christmas. I'm sure your partner and dog will loving having you there with them :) 

Aw, it's so lovely that you were able to pet different animals today. They really do make a huge difference. I know when I'm feeling low, my cats help me a lot and make me really happy. What was your favourite animal that you got to pet? Good luck for bingo tonight, I'm sure you'll do really well! Let us know how you get on and if you win any prizes. How exciting :D 

It sounds like you're feeling more positive about your current situation and that's wonderful to see. You're doing so well and are very strong, and we are all very proud of you. Keep us updated and speak to you soon. 

Libby

Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    This is a great update @cupcake88 - it sounds like at long last you have found a good Dr who is going to find the right med & dose to properly help, & that this good care has also got to continue in the community with better support from your team there.
    It sounds like you've had a good day with the pet therapy, & have something to look forward to this evening. I'm sure things like this will help the time pass quicker, & it will also help that you've got a nice room on a quiet floor, so hopefully you get some decent sleep.
    So lovely to hear about your day my dear friend, & enjoy your evening, xx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Cupcake 

So happy to read your news tonight. Things are going in the right direction for you. 

Im so pleased your in a better place and your so much more positive.

Keep up the good work your doing and you’ve got Christmas at home to look forward to.

Take care and stay strong ❤️Xx
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Wow thanks so much for all your lovely replies and kind words you all mean the world to me the amount of support and kindness I recieve on here is amazing from each and every one of you thanks for being my friend . 

The injection I’m fine  with it goes just above your butt cheek so I have a numb butt cheek soz if that’s too much info ha but part from that I was fine with the injection so No bad side effects either so far But who knows that’s why they do a tester dose to see how my body reacts to it . Then next Monday I’ll get more of a dose . 

The staff here seem to know what there doing and my doctor doesn’t mess bout here he was straight to the point he was like your in and out of hospital which is no good for you and you take your meds regularly so you need to be on the injection form medication. 

Seeing the animals were really great it’s amazing that these amazing people bring there animals to see us made my day the activities and food are always better in private hospitals but I have found the staff are better in nhs hospitals part from the assessment unit that was a joke like seriously. 

The staff are really nice here so far not found one that I don’t like and also what’s nice is they all sit and eat there lunch with us even the management  they have there lunch with us and sit with us and talk . 

Also the ward manager is really 
    nice she introduced her self to me personally . All around I’m doing 
    well here usually I cry all day but I haven’t cried loads only earlier lol when the Animals came because they reminded me of my dog all these fluffy animals . The skunk was lovely to cuddle he likes to snuggle under your arm it was great learning bout the different animals they said they usually bring dogs with them and there pony but they couldn’t this time . But the animals loved all the attention it was a real treat . 

And tonight i won some shampoo on a game of bingo so all round I’m doing well I know you all worry bout me and want the best for me so I’ll try my best to update as much as I can . 

Xx

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 so glad your getting the help you need you sound happier where you are now and the nurses and ward manager sound realy nice 

Glad you had something nice with the animals and winning bingo you are always in my thoughts 

Get well soon your a lovely person and you deserve the best 

Take care xx
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,018 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88 thank you for your update. It's really great to hear you sound more positive. Seeing the animals like that must have been lovely, I was very interested to hear about the skunk! I started googling have learned a bit about them now. Funnily enough they don't like strong smells themselves! I'm sure you will be back with your supportive partner and dog before too long. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.