In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here

Options

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I’m so sorry this has happened to you.
    I hope you've been able to report it to staff.

Im sure staff will deal with this.

Keep yourself safe ❤️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake - that's dreadful, have you reported this to a member of staff? As Lou says, they should deal with it & keep you safe.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Have just seen this post after replying to your original post @cupcake88 -  As Poppy says you need to stay strong, & stay in the hospital until you are certain that you will get the appropriate continuing care back in the community.
    If you don't feel the staff are doing anything, then let the consultant know tomorrow that you need to feel safe in the hospital. I hope you will just stay in your room for now, & that things quieten down. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Thinking about you, xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi there every one I’m petrified i have just been threatened with a knife I’m not safe here at all 
    Hello @cupcake88. That sounds awful and I completely understand why you would feel unsafe.

Have you let staff know what happened and have they done anything to try and make you feel any safer?

As Chiarieds and Poppy have said, it's so important you stay strong and get your medication sorted out while you're there. Good luck and please let us know how you get on with the consultant.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - how are you today? I hope things on the ward have gone back to how good they were before Christmas with activities to help you pass the time. How did you get on with the consultant yesterday? Hoping this finds you well, & feeling a lot safer my dear friend, xx
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - just checking in to see how you are. I hope your last injection was OK, & you're hopefully getting the benefit of it. Hoping to hear from you when you can, & sending more gentle hugs, xx
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 I hope you managed to talk to the consultant about how you've been feeling lately? It must've been very scary being threatened like that, have the staff been able to help? 

It sounds to me as though you're taking really positive steps wanting to stay strong and keep going with your meds, that takes a lot of courage and determination- well done, I know we're all here to cheer you on.

Have you got any activities planned for today, hopefully something as good as before Christmas?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Happy New Year @cupcake88 - wishing you all the best from the start of this New Year especially good health & happiness my lovely friend, xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,327 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 it's been a few days since we heard from you and i hope you're ok. Just wanted to wish you, your partner and your little dog a Happy New Year!
    Thinking of you my dear friend! xx
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Options
    Happy New Year to you Cupcake,I hope things have settled down for you and this will be a much better year for you.❤️

To Chiarieds and Poppy hope yous have a great New Year to ❤️
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Happy New Year to you too @Lou67 - & thank you for your great support of cupcake88 :)
  • steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    edited January 2022
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi every one I have been in such a bad place with my mental health after waiting 8 weeks with no nurse because my nurse of two years retiered I got given some one who I do not get on with and who is very mean I decided I want to take my own life today because I’m in such a bad place and did I get help when I called my community team no I got called a liar by my new nurse got told I lie a lot bout not taking my medication and that I ring the crisis team a lot which I won’t call any more I hung up on her and she hasn’t called back or got any help to me I’m in such a bad way x 
    Hi Cupcake. Sorry your having problems right now. Hopefully you have been listening to every one else on here who have been trying too support you.Because it was about this time last year that my nephew. Did take his own life. he was only in his 30's. And we used to talk about out problems with PIP-Social -Careers as at that time he not only needed on for himself but he was also expected to be his Dads main career... We don't know what he was thinking at the time. But I wish that I had been closer to him and made more of an effort to get him to come down here for a break. as we miss him like hell. Now that he's gone tough nothing has really changed for his dad or the situation that they were going through. Apart from that Social have got a little less Paperwork to do. So you can call it a Win. for Them.

Do You Really want them too Beat you. I think that you Have got a Successful support Network. At Home and around You. And that you are going to use it to have a really good New Year 👍   Very best  of luck   .

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,327 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Lou67 thank you and Happy New Year to you and yours too!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    My mood is very low tonight my dear friends I’m feeling really down 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - I'm so sorry you're feeling low. We're all here for you, but please reach out to your mental health team if needed. Sending oodles of gentle hugs your way; stay safe my dear friend, xx

• Lou67
    Options
    Hi @cupcake8
    Sorry to hear your feeling down, January can be a bad month for a lot off people and you've just came through a lot this past while. 
    Try to take things easy and be kind to yourself.

As always your in our thoughts and prayers ❤️Xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you feeling this morning @cupcake88? I'm sorry that you felt low last night, but I hope that you managed to get a good night of sleep and feel a little better today. As the others have said, please do reach out to your support network if needed :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi every one I reached out to my community team they were useless as always and I called the crisis team and they called back 8 hours later and I was asleep . I’m again waiting for some one to call me back . I’m having suicidal thoughts again and I really don’t want to end up back in hospital, 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read that @cupcake88 - you really need to have teams whom you can trust to be better responsive. Please let us know when they call back, & if they were helpful. If things get too bad, as you know, you should ring 999 to stay safe my friend, xx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

I'm sorry that you've been struggling again lately and are experiencing suicidal thoughts. It's a shame that the community team weren't able to help you, but hopefully the crisis team will get in touch again soon. Do you have any idea when they might call you back? 

Always remember that we are all here to support you on the community, and we all want the best for you. I appreciate you coming back to update us on how you are getting along, and hopefully the replies on here help somewhat.

As we have mentioned before, you can always contact Samaritans too if you want to speak to somebody, they can be reached on 116 123, and the Shout service can be contacted by texting "Shout" to 85258. If you feel as though you might not be able to keep yourself safe, you can contact 999 for immediate support. 

How is your partner? is he with you at the moment? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.