In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here

Options

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88.
    Please keep yourself safe till you can speak to your team. And hopefully they can help you through this.
    As chiarieds says if things get worse don’t hesitate to call 999.

Take care ❤️
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks every one for your kind words of support the crisis team didn’t get back to me they called back at like 2 am and I was asleep I’m guessing there getting so many calls this time of the year . If I get really bad I know to call a ambulance but I don’t want to end up back in hospital . My community team should be doing more for me to keep me out of hospital . I really can’t stand my new nurse nothing has been done bout that yet she’s not some one I want trusted with my care . 
    She’s really rude and mean 
    to me. 

I have called other helpline numbers while I’m waiting for crisis to get back to me . 

I wake up each day just low and suicidal I’m sick of feeling like this. If it wasn’t for all of you and your support I dunno where I 
    would be thanks for all your 
    kind ness x 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry that a new community nurse hasn't been sorted out for you @cupcake88 - you shouldn't be facing this struggle with so little appropriate support. All I can say is how brave you're being yet again. Still ever so proud of you, xx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for the update @cupcake88, , I would echo the words of @chiarieds that you are being incredibly brave, and you have our full support.

Hopefully the crisis team call back again at a more suitable time for you, but yes do keep in mind the other helpline numbers if you ever need to access them in the meantime. It's a shame that the community mental health team aren't doing more for you, you deserve better support.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • steve39
    steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi every one I have been in such a bad place with my mental health after waiting 8 weeks with no nurse because my nurse of two years retiered I got given some one who I do not get on with and who is very mean I decided I want to take my own life today because I’m in such a bad place and did I get help when I called my community team no I got called a liar by my new nurse got told I lie a lot bout not taking my medication and that I ring the crisis team a lot which I won’t call any more I hung up on her and she hasn’t called back or got any help to me I’m in such a bad way x 
    Hi Cupcake. Sorry your having problems right now. Hopefully you have been listening to every one else on here who have been trying too support you.Because it was about this time last year that my nephew. Did take his own life with a morphine over dose.he was only in his 30's. And we used to talk about out problems with PIP-Social -Careers as at that time he not only needed on for himself but he was also expected to be his Dads main career... We don't know what he was thinking at the time. But I wish that I had been closer to him and made more of an effort to get him to come down here for a break. as we miss him like hell. Now that he's gone tough nothing has really changed for his dad or the situation that they were going through. Apart from that Social have got a little less Paperwork to do. So you can call it a Win. for Them.

Do You Really want them too Beat you. I think that you Have got a Successful support Network. At Home and around You. And that you are going to use it to have a really good New Year 👍   Very best  of luck   .

• cupcake88
    Options
    @steve39 hi there so sorry to hear bout your nephew . Thank you for sharing your story with us that’s heart breaking . Thanks for your kind words of support . I will keep reaching out for the support even if I have to keep 
    pestering my community team . 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @Ross_Scope

hi Ross it’s been a joke how long it’s been taking for people to get back to me but I won’t give up fighting for the help I won’t let 
    my mental illness win or get
    the best of me . Waiting on my community team to call me now again they prob won’t call what a joke . 

I have my injection tomorrow which has got me nervous but I know I need to have it thanks for all your kind words of support 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @chiarieds  thank you my dear friend for your kind thoughts and prayers , I won’t give up I’ll keep fighting to get better and I’ll keep at my community team and make sure I get a new nurse one that has my best interests in mind , x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - How are things going? Have you received any help yet from the community, or crisis team? I hope you're feeling a tad better (perhaps despite them). Love & hugs, & thinking about you as ever, xx

I see we were both writing at the same time! Thank you for saying how you'll keep on fighting; it shouldn't be like this, but great you have such a fighting spirit. I'll not stop holding you in my prayers & thoughts either, xx
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 thanks for keeping in touch with us all, I'm glad you'll have your injection tomorrow. Remember you've done it before, so you can do it again tomorrow :) All the best for it.

I really admire your positive attitude to keep fighting and I hope you hear from the community team very soon!  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

I just wanted to pop on to say that I'm thinking of you and keep fighting. You're an extremely resilient individual and you're doing everything you can to improve your situation - which is very admirable. Just remember, we are all here for you and please keep us updated, as we all care about you. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Still no call from my community team it’s very upsetting when they don’t call back it just makes you feel less important to them and makes you feel even more down , 

I called back and the  receptionist said she’s sent emails for some one to call me back but no ones bothered yet . I’m sick of waiting around for them to call it 
    could be any time that’s if
    they bother calling at all . Some times I go trampoling when I feel really down it helps but I can’t go any where as waiting for there call . 

I’m so determined not to end up back in hospital this year and to carry on with my injection even tho the side effects are tough . 

I have my wedding in June so I’m 
    just thinking of that and how 
    I want to be well for that as 
    well I can’t be ending up back in and out of hospital again this year . Mental illness won’t win I will get threw this x 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

So sorry they still haven’t gotten back to you yet. Just hang in there. 
    Your much stronger than you even realise. You’ve came through so much in your life, and I’m sure you’ll get through this.

How wonderful to read your getting married in June.
    Something amazing to look forward to and to get well for. 😘❤️
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will get through it but it would help if you could get some support from community team 

Don't stay in waiting if you need to get out then that will do you more good than sitting about waiting for them to call 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,647 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Absolutely agree with Jane on this, get out and do something as that'll be the best way of helping yourself.  :)

I'm not sure how much help a phone call from the mental team would even be now.  There's only so much they can say and I'm sure you've heard it all by now!  Much better to keep helping yourself, in the short term go trampolining and do any other activities like that that help day to day, long term keep focussing on the wedding etc.  
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

I'm sorry to hear that the team have not yet rung you, and you're still waiting. Please don't feel as though they don't care, as I'm sure they do and it might just be because they're extremely busy at the moment. I know it must be hard waiting for a call, but I think trampolining sounds very fun and a great activity that will help you take your mind off waiting :) 

Is there any other activities that you enjoy and which allows you to escape a little bit? For me, I love going for a walk and being in nature as it calms me down a lot. You attitude is incredible and you're doing an amazing job, so keep moving forward and speaking to people who support you. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi every one thanks for your support and kind words . Your absolutely right they just come out with the same stuff always which some times isn’t even helpful . There only good for giving me my injection part from that there not really helpful but when I feel like this I do try and reach out for the support . 

I could do with another medication other than my injection some thing to lift 
    my mood . Because I can’t shake this low mood off . 

Some times I feel the community team have given up on me and that they don’t care x 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I have tried walking my dog this morning , had some thing to eat had a warm bath all the stuff they recommend and still feel this way I just think it’s shocking if they don’t get back to me today or what they mostly do is call me 5 mins before there finishing there shift which is no help to any one ,
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you said all they do is say the same thing and 8r 7snt helpful 

Maybe it's time to find a diffetent support route have you tried mind charity or samaritans 

Another possibility is one 9f those buddy support charities I'm not sure what they are called and they are just volunteers so not trained in mental health 

Hopefully others here may have other suggestions 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    They called back and wasn’t helpful as always they said that they will raise my concerns bout my low mood with there consultant see what he says . But nothing will be done any time soon they take there sweet time in the community. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.