I won my tribunal. How long does it take to get backdated pay? Will I get normal payments still? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my tribunal. How long does it take to get backdated pay? Will I get normal payments still?

13»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Hi really hoping someone can help! I received my decision from my tribunal today to say I have been awarded standard mobility. Since requesting the appeal my health has gotten significantly worse. Can I do a change of circumstances or do I need to start a new claim?
    thankyou. 
    You cannot make a new claim because you now have an award. Wait until you have confirmation from DWP of the award and you can then do a change of circumstances. 

After you report a change the process is essentially the same as a new claim - complete a new health form, get assessed and then get a decision. This will be a completely new assessment. 

Take advice about your possible entitlement before reporting a change. It’s only worth report if you are likely to get additional points and they might be enough to change the level of award,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • aldot
    aldot Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi everyone I had my phone call today to ask my bank details etc how long until I get my back pay thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,830 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    aldot said:
    Hi everyone I had my phone call today to ask my bank details etc how long until I get my back pay thanks

It's not helpful to ask the same questions on multiple threads. Members here post freely with the advice they give when they are free to advise.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pyetodd1982
    Pyetodd1982 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi guys,

I'm new to all this so bear with me. I had my Appeal on thhe 22/2/23, found out the following Monday I'd been awarded the enhanced rate for both to be backdated to 1/6/21, I can't put into words how happy I am. My advice for everyone is Welfare Rights!! They have been amazing for me, they are so supportive and made the whole process far less stressful!! 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @Pyetodd1982 :)

And welcome the the community! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • weakspot
    weakspot Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Advice if your not happy with the decision follow process and push all the way to tribunal depending on your circumstances I found face to face the best option even though the hmcts premises was in a pedestrian area and 50mtrs approx from parking area took me a few stops on the way but the effort was with it in the end 

My advice after appeal win and you find out on the day, would be to contact DWP around 5 working days after appeal and ask the question when your getting payed, I did this and was told 2 weeks ( nearly half way through that 2 weeks now) because I rang in after 5 days the decision was on the system so they asked me the questions about hospital , prison being out of the country and care home, always pays to pester rather than wait for DWP to get in touch, if I don’t hear anything by the end of this week I’ll be back on the phone pestering 
  • rainbowboo
    rainbowboo Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Hello just wondering if you phoned them back? And what information they gave you on wait times for backdated payment I'm in same situation I think it's about 4weeks to hear but wasnt sure thanks 
  • lauren96
    lauren96 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Hi @weakspot sorry to jump on your post my head is going into over drive I won my pip tribunal also which I’m happy about I called just like you after 5 days to get an update I answered all those security questions regarding bank details etc I still haven’t received anything every time I phone I get different answer one man I spoke with said they were the final checks normally you get your money after 1 week after the phone call but still haven’t received my money stressing me out now how long did it take them to give you yours after the questions if you don’t mind me asking 
  • poppy123456
    lauren96 said:
    Hi @weakspot sorry to jump on your post my head is going into over drive I won my pip tribunal also which I’m happy about I called just like you after 5 days to get an update I answered all those security questions regarding bank details etc I still haven’t received anything every time I phone I get different answer one man I spoke with said they were the final checks normally you get your money after 1 week after the phone call but still haven’t received my money stressing me out now how long did it take them to give you yours after the questions if you don’t mind me asking 
    This thread is from 7 months ago and the member you tagged hasn’t been active since that time so you may not get
    a reply.

Its perfectly normal to be waiting up to 8 weeks after a Tribunal win. I know they asked the questions about hospital etc but this doesn’t mean the award will be put into payment as soon as those questions have been asked.

I realise it’s stressful but there’s nothing more you can do but wait. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • weakspot
    weakspot Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Sorry heads been else where , Once I answered there questions it took about 2 weeks ,  still chased them, if you are on uc or esa there will be another payment coming 
  • poppy123456
    weakspot said:
    if you are on uc or esa there will be another payment coming 
    That's not exactly correct because it will depend on each individuals circumstances. Also if someone is claiming New style ESA there's no premiums or anything payable with this.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.