Hi, my name is woodstar1984! Need help regarding a PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is woodstar1984! Need help regarding a PIP claim

Options
woodstar1984
woodstar1984 Community member Posts: 78 Connected
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am new here and regarding help with a pip claim 

Comments

• woodstar1984
    Options
    I have made a claim for pip this was done on the 28th Feb 2022  via online i then had my telephone assessment on 16th June 1hr 20mins... I then got a text from  DWP stating that they have my report and will be in contact in  8weeks... I'm in a catch 22 of calling them to.request a copy of the report any help would greatly appreciated I suffer with bipolar and struggle with all this information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s not always a good idea to request a copy of the report because it cause so much more anxiety than you may already be suffering from. 
    The report is not the decision, just a recommendation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @woodstar1984 welcome to our great group.
    When your ready have a look around the site you will find all sorts going on and you might find it a good distraction.
    I really agree with poppy with a few of our members who have requested the report it has caused them more anxiety. Try and keep your mind busy.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @woodstar1984 :) How are you doing today? Thanks for joining the community!

It can certainly be an overwhelming process, so you're not the only one to feel this way. I hope the above comments have been helpful. 

How did you find the telephone assessment? 
    I suffer with bipolar and struggle with all this information 
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Are you currently receiving enough support to help you manage your bipolar disorder at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    The telephone assessment was ok just confused why they was asking about my gcses and if Ive ever been in trouble with police never heard anyone go through that before my brother claims pip and he never got asked that question 
  • woodstar1984
    Options
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Hi @woodstar1984 Did they ask if you had been in trouble or was the question if you have been in prison ?
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I can hear how that might make you feel confused @woodstar1984, especially if you have never heard anyone go through that before. How are you feeling at the moment about being asked those questions?

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I am sure your experiences will help other people. Please remember we are here for you too though  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @SueHeath they asked if I ever been in trouble with police which is nothing to do with the telephone assessment or pip 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    That's a new one on me @woodstar1984 - hope your okay
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @SueHeath Strange one really don't know why they would ask that tbh anyway got to wait 8weeks to find out...
  • lisa86
    lisa86 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also in the middle of dealing with PIP. They dropped my mobility rate from high to standard in April. I am trying to appeal as I am completely housebound unable to walk or drive for at least 3 months, plus rehab after major orthopaedic surgery for a failed operation last year.
    It will slow down your claim if you ask for a report early. When you get your award letter it will include the full report. Don’t be surprised if it differs from your assessment, as this happens a lot.
    I was on the phone to them yesterday for 40 mins to be told that there are large delays with processing claims, 12 weeks is the estimated time at the moment.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @lisa86 I've done my pip claim via the online link they sent me in February 28th 2022  had a call on Thursday 16th June for assessment it went ok I haven't called them as of yet...just got a txt saying they have got my report and will.be in touch around 8weeks....
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @SueHeath they asked if Ive been in trouble with police not prison 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It could be trying to help find evidence of acting inappropriately as a result of your conditions or something like that so might go with social engagement and such
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @Biblioklept i am trying for pip for my mental health EUPD which comes under personality disorder

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We hear you @woodstar1984. I think what @Biblioklept is trying to say is that if you have evidence of your diagnosis of EUPD and how it affects you, that could help your PIP application.

If we can do anything to support you further, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @L_Volunteer well.if you read the post I have medical evidence from this including doctors physiatrist and support worker the question was they asked if Ive ever been in trouble with police which I thought was a weird question also asking about my school exams  which has nothing to do with pip application 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     the question was they asked if Ive ever been in trouble with police which I thought was a weird question

It can be very relevant to your claim and it can tell them alot about how your conditions affect you, especially related to activity 9 engaging with others. I see nothing weird about that question at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    edited June 2022
    Options
    lisa86 said:
    Hi,
    I am also in the middle of dealing with PIP. They dropped my mobility rate from high to standard in April. I am trying to appeal as I am completely housebound unable to walk or drive for at least 3 months, plus rehab after major orthopaedic surgery for a failed operation last year.
    It will slow down your claim if you ask for a report early. When you get your award letter it will include the full report. Don’t be surprised if it differs from your assessment, as this happens a lot.
    I was on the phone to them yesterday for 40 mins to be told that there are large delays with processing claims, 12 weeks is the estimated time at the moment.
    @lisa86
    Hi Lisa I am not sure the information you have given to @woodstar1984 is quite correct but maybe you know different from your own experience.

I have never heard or read anywhere that asking for an assessors report early, ie when available, would slow down a claim and also the assessors report is not included with the decision letter, it has to be requested.

I really do hope that you get a good outcome if you appeal but I'm sure one of the conditions to be met is that 'the functional restrictions effecting the daily living  / mobility activities identified' in the report are likely to remain for at least 9 months and you have had functional restrictions for at least 3 months (which you have said you have had).

Hopefully more knowledgable members will be able to advise you if I am not correct.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.