Hello I’m new — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello I’m new

Options
Purpleernie
Purpleernie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I’m new and nervous to introduce myself really
i have mobility issues and I think I’m about to lose my job (that I LOVE) because I physically can’t do it. I spend most time in the house and on better days I craft.
I'm waiting for surgery and that would mean I’d get a lot of mobility back. I’ve waited 4 years so far. It’s really beginning to effect my mental health now as the pain is so bad.

it’s lovely to be in a group where people understand what I’m going through
thank you for having me 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Purpleernie :) It's great to have you with us!

There's no need to be nervous- we're a friendly bunch. I do understand it can be a bit scary to join a new community, however. Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself and your situation.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you may soon lose your job. Have you spoken to your employer about any adjustments that could be made to make it more possible for you to do your job? 

What kind of things do you craft? We have plenty of arts and craftsy people here on the community. I'd encourage you to head over to our KaleidoScope thread, where people post what they've been working on. 

4 years is a long time to wait for surgery. Has your medical team given any indication on how much longer it might be? 

You've mentioned that this is all having an effect on your mental health, which is completely understandable. Have you spoken to anyone about this, or sought any support? 

It's our pleasure to have you on board. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Purpleernie,
    Please don’t give up hope. 
    I can understand how your pain has a negative effect of your mental well-being. I too do crafts to help, but it’s difficult when the pain is so bad at times, especially if you can’t sleep because of it. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.