If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP RENEWAL AWARD?!?! Still waiting

Options
BsMom
BsMom Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey 👋🏼

I had the PIP extension last year and my award claim renewal date was March 2022.
I sent it off 1st class recorded singed for and Guaranteed next day delivery, as I usually do every 2-4 years however….. 

I have not received a new award yet Or any letters about it.
 I have receive a text message on 10th August saying they will progressing with the review as soon as they can but it’s been 6months nearly!!

For a new claim you would expect 8-15 months but not a simple straightforward review. 
The usual turn around is 4-8weeks!.

I have got to call them soon to change my address .,.,.,
          Will this change my position in the waiting to be processed queue ?? 

—Has anyone else been waiting this long?

—Have you received your review, how long did it take?

—Has anyone else been waiting ages then had to call with a change of circumstances??? —Did this extend the waiting time??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are huge backlogs of people waiting for review decisions. They have been concentrating on new claims for quite sometime.
    Its not unusual to be waiting a year for a review decision at the moment. Your current award will continue until a decision is made on your review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BsMom
    Options
    Thank you for your reply @poppy123456  with that in mind, I just wanted to be sure that I will remain in the same position as I am in now and I will not be moved down the list when I call them to change my address? Or does any change to a Claim that’s considered  “(awaiting progression for review)”
      automatically trigger a position reshuffle??  Because the claim has been looked at out of the current position in the queue (they logged into the claim/ account to change address. Not to progress the review)  ???
     I just can’t help thinking I will be shoved to back of the queue and have to obtain more information and evidence when I will have only just joined up with a new doctor and under a new NHS Trust when I move 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Change of address will not affect your PIP. You should also ring the health assessment providers for PIP to change your address with those, just in case they don’t know the changes. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • BsMom
    Options
    i havent had a health assessement for my last two claims or two reviews my last assessment was a face to face 6 years ago and i dont know who the company that was thru PIP used..

how would i be able to find out which company PIP are usuing for the health assesments ?? is it area related ? i think the one I had years ago could even be out of contract with PIP now

• poppy123456
    Options
    It will either be Capita of Independent Assessment Services, depending on the area you live. There's a map here of what areas each covers. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/610293/personal-independence-payment-postcode-map.pdf

• Loopyloo24_
    Loopyloo24_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi.   I am in exactly the same situation as you, BsMom, with exactly the same dates, and have still not heard about my PIP Renewal.  I have rang once and also received two text messages saying they are progressing my claim and although they say I will still receive PIP until my decision, it is still a very anxious time (waiting by the letterbox every day 😔).  I just wish they would make a decision.
  • anth22
    anth22 Community member Posts: 191 Courageous
    Options
    They had my review form back in November 2021 and I'm still waiting for an assessment .
  • Loopyloo24_
    Loopyloo24_ Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks anth22.   This is so disappointing to hear. They must have such a backlog it's not fair on the people that are still waiting. I have heard that they have extended renewal claims by a year.  Hopefully you will hear soon.  
  • anth22
    anth22 Community member Posts: 191 Courageous
    Options
    Mine has been extended twice already but come December it will probably be extended again for a year. But like you I just want to get it over and done with all those extensions don't give any off us peace of mind.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    At least you are still being paid I know it's not nice waiting buf the priority had to be new claims as these people are not getting any payment until the process is complete and this is sometimes taking 10 months 
  • Presario05
    Presario05 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Mine was extended to November which is now, but in Feb they asked me to fill in renewal form which I did and like you keep getting messages saying backlog etc.  But if it's officially up in Nov will they send me a renewal or just keep me hanging on waiting for my decision.  Really frustrating not know a decision
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Mine was extended to November which is now, but in Feb they asked me to fill in renewal form which I did and like you keep getting messages saying backlog etc.  But if it's officially up in Nov will they send me a renewal or just keep me hanging on waiting for my decision.  Really frustrating not know a decision

If you received your review forms in Feb, you won't receive anymore. Your current award will continue until a decision is made on the review.
  • Annatt
    Annatt Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    My review form was back in October 2021. Keep getting extensions by text and extention letter extending to 2023. (I retire mid 2023)
    Problem is health condition has worsened to include problems with mobility which is not included in my current claim but DWP has been informed some months ago in a letter with medical evidence.
    Contacted DWP by phone only to be told there is a backlog and I would need an assessment and my pending retirement will not be an issue?
    In the meantime on on standard rate only for care and can't afford the the equipment needed in my home to assist me. Has anyone any advice? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @Annatt unfortunately all you can do is wait for the decision. There are many other members here also still waiting.
  • Annatt
    Options
    Thank you Poppy, I agree there are thousands waiting in line for a review since last year. 
    My other worry is my pip review extention is due to end a week before I start my start my state pension. I know that mobility cannot be awarded after state pension age. However my worsening health now includes problems with mobility, will this still be considered if my review takes place after I reach state pension age? 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Annatt said:
    My other worry is my pip review extention is due to end a week before I start my start my state pension. I know that mobility cannot be awarded after state pension age. However my worsening health now includes problems with mobility, will this still be considered if my review takes place after I reach state pension age? 
    Yes, it should be because the worsening was reported before reaching pension age.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Annatt
    Options
    Thank you, I hope so.  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you need aids have you had a care needs assessment? You can self refer through gov website 

An ot will come and assess for any aids needed and most are supplied through the ot.
  • Annatt
    Options
    Thank you janer. My physio has suggested adaptations to my own house. I am not on means tested benefits and off work because of my illness and disability therefore cannot afford any adaptations to my house. But I will look on the gov. uk site for help. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I was mean to post a link and mention a needs assessment but got distracted and forgot to return to edit my comment and add more information.
    Annatt said:
    Thank you janer. My physio has suggested adaptations to my own house. I am not on means tested benefits and off work because of my illness and disability therefore cannot afford any adaptations to my house. But I will look on the gov. uk site for help. 

You can refer yourself here. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.