If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We are relaunching our membership - become a Scope member today for free!

Options

Comments

• Fae
    Fae Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hello @Giovanni_Scope. May I ask; my spouse is employed by Scope, am I still allowed to become a member? 
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Giovanni_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 150 Pioneering
    Options
    Fae said:
    Hello @Giovanni_Scope. May I ask; my spouse is employed by Scope, am I still allowed to become a member? 
    Hi @Fae,

Thank you for your question. The answer is: yes, you can become a member of Scope, even if your spouse is an employee of Scope.

Employees cannot be member of Scope for a matter of conflict of interests, but we ask all our colleagues to invite their friends, family and partners to join our membership!

Here is the link to do it: https://www.scope.org.uk/membership/

Please let me know if you need any other information about our membership, and thanks for your support!
    Giovanni Gaetani (he/him)
    Membership Programme Lead
    Here East Press Centre, 14 East Bay Lane
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • Shells
    Shells Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    @Giovanni_Scope please could you answer a question?

On the sign up form it asks: 

27. Can you suggest a nickname for Scope's Online Community. Please share your suggestion with us.

Is this because you are renaming the forum? What will these suggestions be used for? 
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    Shells said:
    @Giovanni_Scope please could you answer a question?

On the sign up form it asks: 

27. Can you suggest a nickname for Scope's Online Community. Please share your suggestion with us.

Is this because you are renaming the forum? What will these suggestions be used for? 
    Hi @Shells,

Thank you for your comment!

That question applies only to new members who are not part of the Online Community yet. We use their nickname suggestions to create their profile on the Online Community.

Since you are already part of the Online Community, please don't worry about that, you can simply skip that question.

For the records, if someone who is already part of the Online Community becomes a member of Scope, we have a system in place to avoid creating a new user profile. I hope that makes sense?

Thank you again for your support, and please let me know if I can help any further!
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • Shells
    Shells Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Lol!! Sorry @Giovanni_Scope, that makes more sense. The question isn't worded like that and sounds like a nickname for the forum.  :D 
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    Shells said:
    Lol!! Sorry @Giovanni_Scope, that makes more sense. The question isn't worded like that and sounds like a nickname for the forum.  :D 
    Now that I read it again I agree with you!

I'm going to see if we can rephrase it :-)

Thanks for your feedback!
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    Thank you so much to @Sandy_123 for becoming a member of Scope!  <3

It's great to see how many users of the Online Community are joining Scope's membership  :)
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,516 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know now @Giovanni_Scope. Thanks to you! And I have signed up to be a member  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    And I have signed up to be a member  :D
    Wow, that's amazing! Thank you so much, @L_Volunteer<3
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    UPDATE: Thanks to the 30 new members who joined Scope's membership in less than 24 hours!  :open_mouth:

Yesterday Scope's membership featured in the cover of the Online Community Newsletter. Many people saw that and decided to become a member of Scope!

Anyone can join Scope's membership for free from the dedicated page on our website: https://www.scope.org.uk/membership/  <3
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Going so well @Giovanni_Scope. Thanks for the outreach regarding membership!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hopefully, @Giovanni_Scope will be able to help you with that @Oddball. Would you like to share what additional advice you would find beneficial at the moment?  :)

• Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Oddball, I replied to an email from a new member, was that you? :smile:

Always happy to help new and old members, just ask!  <3
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
  • Semrete
    Semrete Scope Member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Thank you Sir... Mr. Giovanni for the information.... stay BLESSED...
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    You stay blessed too @Semrete. Glad we could help by providing information. It is the very least you deserve. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help  :)

• tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    More donated cash wasted on corporate pr type frivolity including trendy jobs like programme lead...
    No offense @G
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tru88le Hello and thank you for putting forward your thoughts on Scope's membership programme.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way however would encourage you to email the programme lead directly at membership@scope.org.uk with any constructive feedback. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Elysium
    Elysium Scope Member Posts: 98 Pioneering
    Options
    I just joined :) 
    it was a very easy process B)
    They/them, Autistic, Vegan, Pan/Demi, Teacher, Antiracist, Artist
  • Giovanni_Scope
    Options
    Elysium said:
    I just joined :) 
    it was a very easy process B)
    That's great to hear that, @Elysium :smile:

Welcome to Scope family!

I hope to see you soon in one of our online events!

Giovanni
    E15 2GW, London (UK)
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.