Entitlement for pip and medical evidence - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Entitlement for pip and medical evidence

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Thanks cockneyrebel, but how do we convince the tribunal of our day to day struggles and how we cope as I'm sure they just don't take our word for it, but we are only people who know us best.
  • alisha22
    Can anyone tell me if this would also help with my pip tribunal, well just had my results appointment regarding my MRI scan of my right knee and was told that I have a tear in the cartilage and before they suggest a operation they want me to have physio and Wear a brace, and will be seen again in 2 months time. I know own this is the diagnosis but my knee has been hurting a number of years ago and recently gives way.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi alisha

The tribunal can only consider evidence that relates to the time of your assessment. If you can tie this diagnosis back to that time then it may help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    I agree with CR to a point, the tribunal do say at th3 hearing its about the time of the assessment but at my hearing they asked questions about now, not then!!

Susan
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    I have just completed a PIP review form which asks on each question for a date FROM when did this change happen and TO:

This has delayed me completing the form because I could not say when things changed.  My condition got progressevly worse and I did not think to make a note of when it started to get worse.

Instead have just wrote a note saying all changes have occurred in the last 6 months.  Do you need to write specific dates?

Totally bemused by the question "what has happened"?  Can understand the From to some extent........but To?   Infinity and beyond ; )

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    alisha22 said:
    As for evidence my gp wrote a short note as did my physio, hopefully this will be enough. The assessor from capita had said my medication is not high enough dosage for them to consider. I was on 150mg sertraline antidepressant now I'm on 100mg amongst other tablets. I don't understand these assessor reports.
    Hi @alisha22 My assessor said that as my MH meds haven't changed in two years, my condition is stable and therefore doesn't cause me functional impairment!

a) I've been on 14 MH meds since I was a teenager. Some didn't work, some had terrible side effects, some stopped working (even at max dose) after a while. There are very few types of MH meds I haven't tried (MAOI, I think), so there aren't many new ones to try.
    b) I also have chronic pain, and Venlafaxine (which I was already on for MH reasons) is one of the ones that is supposed to help with pain, so we didn't want to switch it.
    c) I'm on the max dose of Venlafaxine, and titrating down off of it would take a very long time. I'm too scared to try months of less medication! Also, if I miss even one dose my withdrawal symptoms are pretty awful; 2 doses and I'm unable to even figure out what's wrong. Not keen on trying it.
    d) I'm on 10 prescription and 6 OTC meds, so there are a lot of interactions to take into account. My current meds seem to be the best combo we can find, even though they don't work amazingly well.
    e) I have Borderline PD, which involves quick and intense mood changes, so by definition I can't be described as stable! My MH is very variable!
    f) Even if I were stable, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't still have functional impairments! I have BPD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Major Depressive Disorder which has been very difficult to treat. I'm unable to function a lot of the time.

*fumes*
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @sleepy1

PIP is awarded for disabilities that have lasted for at least 3 months and are expected to last for at least another 9 months.  Hope this helps.
  • alisha22
    Thank you for everyone's comments always helpful.
  • alisha22
    can anyone tell me what address I have to send my submission form for pip. I am in Birmingham, I thought it was the same address where I sent the mandatory form for appeal to heard after been rejected for MR 
  • CockneyRebel
    It should be on the SSCS1

f you live in England or Wales
    send your appeal to:
    HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre
    PO Box 1203
    BRADFORD
    BD1 9WP

• alisha22
    vcan anyone tell me to request a copy of MRI scan results letter and also a picture of the xray, is their a charge. I was hoping to get these and send off  to the pip tribunal folks. I was told by a very confused woman at the hospital in would have to come in with two types of I'd and fill forms and it will cost me. It's hard to get appointment with gp otherwise I'm sure they would of received a copy. I'm just covering myself and it's just evidence relating to my ongoing knee issues.
  • alisha22
    I spoke with a lady from Scope and she said a submission is not necessary but fresh evidence is, after receiving the dwp bundle and acknowledgment of my appeal letter being received it did do a full on letter as to why I felt I should of scored certain points etc. Just want to clarify this was correct regarding the submission letter.
  • alisha22
    sorry folks I feel so daft asking question after question.
  • CockneyRebel
    alisha
    The only daft questions are the ones you don't ask

I think someone has thier knickers in a twist
    You do not need further evidence for an appeal if you have already supplied all your relevant evidence but your submission is to explain and show how and why you should score the points for an award. So it sounds like you have done it right

CR
  • alisha22
    oh ok thanks cockneyrebel, so this bit of evidence regarding the MR I for knee results is this bit ok to send.
  • CockneyRebel
    There is no harm sending it especially if you can show that it was relevant at the time of the decision

CR
  • alisha22
    cheers cockneyrebel.
  • alisha22
    can anyone advise as to when the submission letter has to be given to the hmccts for pip tribunal. I've had the dwp bundle for 3 weeks now and am still doing the submission letter, it's not same time scale as it is for the MR. Anyway I'm a bit disappointed with citizens advice as each time I go on the Web chat they are busy, when I ring they are busy, I eventually walked into one in the gazette building in bham city centre only to be told we can't walk in and ask for advice, I need to go to the website etc etc. So it seems I'm on my own to write the submission letter and anything else too. I spoke to a welfare guy who said I'm my area they are no representation so if he was to help and if I win my appeal he will want a certain amount of money like a cut from me, is this correct. I have not called him back but he seemed he was willing to help and all that, but I'm slightly apprehensive.
  • alisha22
    sorry for the essay guys.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I've never heard of anyone doing this before, @alisha22. I'm very dubious.

Check out the benefitsandwork website. Costs £20 for a year's membership, but the members-only guides are well worth it!! You also get access to the forums, where every question I can think of has been asked, and can ask the moderators questions. Many people do it by themselves using these guides.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.