Entitlement for pip and medical evidence - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Entitlement for pip and medical evidence

Options

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for each one of your advice. I will check on websites you mentioned, and try to beware of these  people who may or may not be legitimate. I've got a better idea of how to go about it now, so thank you all again.
  • alisha22
    Options
    hiya does anyone know how long you are put in the esa support group for. Mine will be a year this September and I don't want to ring them up and stir something. I was not told in my letter.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Oh okay, some one said 3 years u are in the support group where another said 2 years. I will wait for next assessment. I heard somewhere that they would stop calling back for disability assessments so not sure what's going on with it. Some stay on it for 3 years reading some of peopkes posts where others difffer. I suppose we can only wait.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Hi, can anyone tell me who to ring to find out how long I'm in the esa support group for or is it best left alone. I just wanted to know as it never said in letter. 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @alisha22, it should tell you how long your award is for, which means that’s how long your in the support group esa.

If you want to call there should be a phone number on your award letter but personally I’d leave it alone.

The award letter should tell you 
  • alisha22
    Options
    Thanks susan,  but I've got no date on the award letter at all. I was awarded last Sept 2017 and not sure if its 12 months or 24.
  • susan48
    Options
    Ok I thought all letters stated either a review or renewal date.
    in that case I’d call, thats me though because I get really anxious about thing like that and would worry about it.

Let me know how it goes
  • alisha22
    Options
    Hiya Susan,  just rang dwp and was told for 18 months, so I will get a letter months before to fill in and then they decide either a home visit or whatever. So March 2019 will be the whole 18 months. Not long really and has gone so very quick.
  • susan48
    Options
    Alisha that’s good you know though, peace of mind.

I think awards should be longer, it feels we are never off the never ending cylcle of applying, reviews or renewals.

Just try and forget it til next year, I’m trying to also.

My ESA is to be reviewed in November this year and PIP next October ( pip was after an appeal).

Glad you’v got it sorted though
  • alisha22
    Options
    Awwwww thanks Susan, you will be okay, if nothing has changed with your health then I'm sure they will be able to see and continue with the esa,  so please don't worry I know easy said than done. I'm waiting for my pip appointment as I applied in Feb this year so  I guess I just have to wait. How long did you have to wait till you was given your appointment?
  • alisha22
    Options
    Hi just found out my esa support group was for 18 months and is up for review in  March 2019, I'm just concerned what the procedure will be and will i be put back in support group if my health was same as when I first claimed as no change in my physical and mental health. I know it's luck you get the support group and worried luck may not be with us the 2nd time round. Please help!!
  • bizzielizzie
    bizzielizzie Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Hi there well guys , my husband suffers from chronic mental health problems due to a brain Injury, he got his PIP stopped a year ago due to the assessor lying about her visit , we had a hearing for last week they only went and cancelled it , told I gotta wait another 10 weeks , I've had to send more info from the mental health team also anoth lady from Neuro physiology came out she has done me two letters also I had to do a urgent app date letter , since last year this set my hubby back by years , the whole system needs looking at x
  • alisha22
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, and yes the system sucks. I hope you get what you deserve.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    alisha22 said:
    Hi just found out my esa support group was for 18 months and is up for review in  March 2019, I'm just concerned what the procedure will be and will i be put back in support group if my health was same as when I first claimed as no change in my physical and mental health. I know it's luck you get the support group and worried luck may not be with us the 2nd time round. Please help!!
    When you are sent another ESA50 form the process will be exactly the same as it was previously. They can review you at anytime. The length they tell you is just a guide, they can send you the ESA50 form before and even a long time after that date.

Evidence will be needed to support your claim and expect another face 2 face assessment. I would be useful to find out the reason you were placed in the Support Group the last time as this will help you for when they do review you. There's no guarantee that you'll be kept in the Support Group, so evidence is vital. Remember they rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is always on you to make sure it's sent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Thanks poppy for your kind advice. I will have evidence  to support my claim and will take it from there. I know it's I'm March 2019 but I like to be prepared.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Has anyone had a decision made from dwp for pip without a tribunal hearing, as I was waiting for a date in November 2018 but today got a letter from dwp saying they got all the information required and will write to me with a decision. I also have some more evidence and not sure who to send it too.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Has anyone just 3 months prior to the tribunal for pip have had dwp write to say a decision will be made soon. Why am I being refused a tribunal hearing.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Will it mean bad news if dwp have said they got all the information required and will be making a decision soon. I'm worried my voice will not be heard at the tribunal.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Sorry guys for all the questions but can I still request a tribunal hearing for pip.
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Hi everyone a bit confused how long do i say how far  i a can walk from getting up from my chair in the living room to the passage to front door stepping out of the door to  witch is about four steps with my walking stick to the car please help i can't walk any further  confused 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.