Hi, my name is twitbrit! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is twitbrit!

twitbrit
twitbrit Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Hi, ex copywriter and general useless facts accumulator. Have fibromyalgia, 2 steel knees and various bolts around the carcass, as well as a stuffed back, diabetes type 2 and some small bits and pieces. Had it all for over 20 years so have had to give up general physical lunacy like riding (sob) and motorbikes. My bod is 62 going on 90 but my brain is firmly rooted to my childhood. I have grown much, but never grown up. Life is for loving deeply, living well and good clean fun. God bless us All, every one!

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @twitbrit (with shades of Tiny Tim) and a warm welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us and a pleasure to 'meet' you.
    How might we be able to assist you?
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • twitbrit
    Thank you Richard. Basically joined because I will need company soon. Having surgery in two weeks and will be rather bedbound for up to three months. Also better to join while I am feeling sprightly
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi twitbrit and welcome

What are you having surgery for?
    We will be here when you need company, but ddon't wait jump right n in you are a member of our community now
    You cannot escape, we will track you down, running is futile ( if only that was an option :) )

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JennysDad
    Hi @twitbrit. Just saying hello again and backing up CR's comments: we're here (and glad to be here) for you in any way we can be.
    Very best to you,
    Richard
  • twitbrit
    Hi there. Yes running is futile! Couldn't even catch the Easter bunny right now. 

My left foot (with apologies to Daniel Day Lewis) is getting an overhaul. They are chopping off about a quarter of the outside of the heel bone and adding it to the inside. Also nicking a tendon off a toe and adding it to the arch  tendon to strengthen it. Both shoulders have been repaired so I cannot use crutches and cannot hop on one leg anyway. Had the right ankle bolted so I know what I am in for. Whoopee. I don't think...
    Your support and welcome much appreciated!
  • JennysDad
    Hi @twitbrit and thank you for the update :smile:
    If you're going to be hors de combat for quite a while, perhaps you could tell us of any interests you have or that you would like to develop?
    Really looking forward to getting to know you,
    Richard

Brightness