assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assessment

Comments

• Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Good luck sleepy 8 days today after my assessment 
  • Toffee
    Hi all I just rang and no out come as yet but man said he would send my report out with the bank holiday I should get it in 12 days 
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Mine said the same! The ones I've seen a lot is having a 'good raport' and 'looking well nourished'
  • Toffee
    There basically saying your doctor is a lier.. Its all wrong 
  • Toffee
    Two weeks today still waiting for outcome wondering shall I ring see if there's any news 
  • Toffee
    hi all got my pip report a lot off lies I scored 11 daily living and 4 mobility Please any body know what that means plz 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    11 is low rate care you needed 1 more point for enchanced.
    4 nothing for mobility.
    You need 8 for low rate mobility
    12 for enchanced.
    Hope that helps.
    You can do a Mandatory reconsideration.
  • Toffee
    Thank you yes I will do that do you know how and what I have to do please 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    There is a link on here to do a mandatory consideration letter i will look for it and link it to you.
  • Toffee
    Thank you so much lindadenise 
  • Toffee
    Good luck I will start mine to I do a letter to better than phone call 
  • Toffee
    I will thank you lilybelle 
  • Toffee
    Do you loose what they have all ready given you plz 
  • Toffee
    Thank you lilybelle I will try and get cab look at it see what they think 
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Hi all, just thought I’d add my twopennethworth! I’ve recently had a pip assessment and have had my benefit reduced from higher rate of both to standard rate of care only by the DWP based on the pack of lies told by the assessor. I’ve got the ball rolling by calling the DWP and lodging a complaint and have requested a copy of the assessors report. I am following it up with a letter detailing the finer points and a letter from my gp (although I can’t see him until the 18th!) and pain management doctor. The assessor has (a) told bare-faced lies and (b) written the exact opposite of what I told her. I’ve had two previous assessments for pip (latterly dla) both of which were quite a positive experience, this one though...well the mind just boggles. I’ve heard firsthand and read that they have targets to meet and people are being deliberately failed in order to achieve those targets. We’re just faceless entities and numbers on bits of paper and it has to stop. The assessor made no reference to my crippling depression and anxiety, in fact the exact opposite, I struggle in social situations and actively avoid these, including driving, and am totally incapable of undertaking a journey by myself, she’s told them I have no problem with this. She said I was able to interact socially when I told her I can’t. She said I needed an aid to bath or shower, I have to be washed by my husband, perhaps he’s the aid to which she’s referring? She said my hip rotation was moderately reduced, I couldn’t even get on the bed for her to test this. She said I crouched halfway down and bent forward to touch mid shin. I didn’t perform either of these actions. The only time I touched my shins was when I was sitting and, as I have quite long arms, was able to touch mid-shin, although I suspect most people would be able to do the same. The list goes on. I’m disgusted by the whole process, the DWP needs to look again at how assessments are made. My anxiety is now at an all time high and my depression is flooring me, my tachycardia is causing me distress and this can be directly related to stress levels. How they can do this to people is totally beyond me, I guarantee they wouldn’t swap their lives for mine, one of severe pain, depression and anxiety that renders me incapable of doing anything most days. To say I’m seething with hurt, anger and frustration is putting it mildly! 
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    P.S. I recently had an ESA medical assessment and the assessor was lovely. I’m in the support group with the disability premium. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done you good luck with the appeal. 
  • Toffee
    Oh I am so stressed out now my esa have through me off got a phone call today.. Why do these assesses tell lies.. The system all wrong I am putting in a MR 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.