assessment - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assessment

Comments

• Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    My MR letter ran to 5 pages as they were wrong on so many counts. I used the dwp assessment as a guide and challenged their decision based on what I can’t do when they said I can. I don’t know if they’ll read it all, if they don’t, it just adds weight if it goes to tribunal. They can’t possibly assess your day to day needs and disability in a 45 minute interview with a stranger. I can’t get a gp letter until the 18th April such is the useless system at the surgery. According to the receptionist, they won’t discuss it during an emergency appointment. I’ve got one of those today as I’m in such a mess & will take my papers with me just in case. Let me know if I can help in any way Toffee, luckily my husband is incredibly supportive, he drafted the letter as I’m in no state to do anything. 
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    You to tigermoth42
    Its a awfull system my esa lasted 20 min and my  pip 60 min I put a letter in Monday for my esa one they just rang said its ready. That cost 20 pound now I put one in for a pip letter so that be another 20.. Can you not put a letter into your gp requesting one might be quicker. I been up the wall doing mine. But getting there good luck today and if I can help in anyway just let me know. 
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Toffee I am on Amitripiline, 5 tabs at night, taken in the hope of going into a deep restful sleep. My assessor wrote on a low dose pain killer, so I have written in my MR, exactly why I take Amitripiline. I also told them I was on a 2nd line high dose painkiller.  

Just let let them know exactly what you take Amitripiline for and what you take for pain.  All the very best.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • Toffee
    Ty yes Charlene I will I think they you this low dosage a lot good luck with yours 
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @Toffee, saw my gp this morning and she’s basically refusing to do a letter as, “in her experience” the dwp don’t read them. I don’t know how she knows this, I wasn’t in a fit state to question her and I don’t know how much more of this I can take. I was in bits in her office and said I just want to die so she’s prescribed diazepam to help me for a few days. My husband is incensed. One of the citizens advice bureau recommendations is to provide medical evidence, and this includes a letter from your gp. I’ve now booked another appointment with a different doctor on Friday to ask him if he’ll write one for me. I’m quite prepared to pay for it. We’ll take a printed copy of the CAB recommendations with us and he’s coming in with me as I’ve completely lost the plot now. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall. 
  • Tigermoth42
    @Toffee just to add, he’s said he’s going to write to the practice lead and ask her for one if we get nowhere on Friday. Thank god for him is all I can say, I’ve no idea how people on their own manage to cope with this mess that is none of our making. 
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Hope it all goes well for you Tigermoth.  
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • Tigermoth42
    @charlene thank you so much my lovely ❤️
  • Toffee
    Oh I feel for  u tigermoth42 that's awful.. Its all wrong the system where in bad . Stressful is not the word.. Keep fighting it we will all get there don't let them win.. That's what they want.. Trust me I felt like it with all the stress at times..Good luck on Friday  That Dr don't sound supportive. But some are not 
  • Tigermoth42
    @Toffee thank you so much for your lovely message. You guys are helping me so much with your support, it’s just knowing I’m not alone in this that helps me carry on. Hope you have a good day my lovely, bearing in mind your difficulties. Xx
  • Toffee
    Oh no I need a new doctors letter that sates trouble with daily living and mobility.... Oh am stressed out to the max me it said about medical history and chroic pain not hope I don't cope
  • Toffee
    Oh my day getting worse just received my esa report lie after lie why do they do this 
  • Tigermoth42
    Oh @Toffee I feel for you lovely, this whole thing is so unnecessary. The stress it’s causing so many people is awful. It’s a flipping lottery as to whether your gp will write a letter or not and I’ve just read that they may not do a letter on how you cope day to day, which I guess makes sense as they’re not seeing you struggle on a daily basis. But surely your physical health has a knock-on affect with respect to how you cope, so they could make a considered guess at how your disabilities affect your life. My sister’s gp did just that in her letter of support. Apparently, letters from friends and family carry some weight, how true that is I don’t know. 
  • Toffee
    Thank you tigermoth42 xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh @Toffee I feel for you lovely, this whole thing is so unnecessary. The stress it’s causing so many people is awful. It’s a flipping lottery as to whether your gp will write a letter or not and I’ve just read that they may not do a letter on how you cope day to day, which I guess makes sense as they’re not seeing you struggle on a daily basis. But surely your physical health has a knock-on affect with respect to how you cope, so they could make a considered guess at how your disabilities affect your life. My sister’s gp did just that in her letter of support. Apparently, letters from friends and family carry some weight, how true that is I don’t know. 
    They can carry some weight. Sometimes letters like these are better when put in a more formal testamonial format .

So their letters must include their name and address, they need to explain their relation to the claimant and how often they see them.

Then they need to explain anything they see the claimant do or not do in regard to the relevant benefits activities and any other comments that they have.

Lastly they need to attest that the information that they have provided is correct to the best of their ability.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @CockneyRebel, thank you so much for your reply. I think I’ll try and get my family to write something for me, I’m wondering if the people at the Drug and Alcohol place might put something in writing for me. I see them once a fortnight for morphine and codeine addiction and, if the meeting is on the first floor I struggle horribly, they usually manage to accommodate me downstairs. 
  • Toffee
    I just done a new request into gp stating daily living etc... See if this works am going round in circles thank god for this site I would alone and off well lost it 
  • Tigermoth42
    Me too @Toffee I’m so glad I’ve found this place, there’s some great support out there. Good luck x
  • Toffee
    Thank you tigermoth42
    This is what I have written
    Thank you for doing my letter but I think I asked for it wrong
    I am asking you to do a letter for me please for my esa mandatory reconciliation 
    The trouble I have with daily living with having anxiety depression panic attacks Ptsd  and living with  chronic pain 
    My English and writing skills are rubbish see.. I find letters and stuff hard 
  • Toffee
    Ps when I filled my esa form in I put nothink change as am rubbish at forms now am in a mess

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.