Should I reapply? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I reapply?

pljet63com
pljet63com Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
In 2017 i was getting full rate mobility and had a mobility car, i contacted the pip department on advice from pip disability group when my condition got worst and was reassessed and had my mobility removed withing a week and i appealed and they still k by there decision i went to court and they stuck to there decision. So I'm on low rate for both. I have a  fybromyalgia. Deaf in one ear. Arthritis.sleep appnea.5 slipped disc s. Weak knees overlaying toes and rocker bottom feet. My question is it's been about a year should i reapply many thanks.paul.

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I should wait for your review that's the price people pay when you report that you have got worse it gives the DWP the opportunity to reassess you
  • pljet63com
    Hi Markyboy thanks  for the reply I don't have another review until 2024 I could do with the help now.
  • pljet63com
    Face to face from whom qmikehughescq
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    In most cases lay people have more knowledge about PIP than the organisations that you mention having been thro the process of claiming PIP
    i personally have found posts on this forum more invaluable than any organisation can give.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    markyboy said:
    In most cases lay people have more knowledge about PIP than the organisations that you mention having been thro the process of claiming PIP
    i personally have found posts on this forum more invaluable than any organisation can give.
    I wouldn't know as I have never been able to access any help or advice from such an agency during the past 5 years and 3 PIP claims later!
  • mehrfarbig
    mehrfarbig Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    So you are getting no PIP award at minute? If that is the case re-apply straight away. I lost my PIP due to a tedious error at DWP, re-applied and got it back. Only lost about 2 months of money in total.
    Sarah
  • mehrfarbig
    mehrfarbig Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    I know a lot about PIP and how to fill out form, I'm sure many others on here do too who can help you with any confusion. 
    Sarah
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @pljet63com

PIP is awarded not for conditions themselves but for how they affect your daily living and mobility.  For enhanced rate mobility you must not be able to walk farther than 20m aided before you need to stop and rest for a few minutes.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I know a lot about PIP and how to fill out form, I'm sure many others on here do too who can help you with any confusion. 
    No doubt you do, but you would be hard pushed to get a new claim up and running from a 70 year old guy!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.