NHS Petition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NHS Petition

disabledkenny1
disabledkenny1 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
NHS Petition

Disabled people are having a lot of problems with GP’s unable to get appointments, unable to get GP to do a home visit when they are housebound, refusing to give out medication such as sleeping medication so making their patients seriously ill in health, refusing to refer the patients to consultants.
Taking far too long to get into Pain Clinic’s up to 3-4 months?
Long time to wait to see consultants.
A long time to get surgery they need so making the patients ill in health.
Waiting up to 4 months between appointments with physiotherapists.
Patients are having to wait for months following consultations assessment in NHS hospitals to carry out treatment, often patients do not get to see the consultant again just a physiotherapist to tell the patients the consultants decision then they decide whether the patients get to see the consultant for treatments then waiting again for an appointment which has been up to 6 months.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I signed it but it doesn't say what action you want taking unfortunately.
  • disabledkenny1
    I just checked and it does after I have enough signed will be giving the petition to Simon Stevens - Chief Executive: NHS Petition
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Thank you for starting this post. Really good idea
  • disabledkenny1
    You welcome as NHS is in such a bad state
  • Cat39
    Cat39 Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    My gp says give them 3 days to sort a perscription. But in reality it always takes them 6/10 days.
    When i spoke to receptionist about the length of time i was told "Sue does the perscriptions every wednesday"
    WHY is my 1st question. Surely they should be done every day. If you put a perscription in on a Wednesday you wont get ut till the following wednesday thats what happend this month.

The Easter hols:
    Everyone knew the gp would be shut fri to wed. So put perscriptions in early. Everyone went to collect on the thursday and none of the 7 doctors would sign off our perscritions. Staff told us there were 136 perscriptions waiting. And were still unsigned until the next wed.

Surely the nhs can do bettrr than this. Also their manager refuses to speak to anuone. Hes hid in his office since march 2017. Iv asked every month to speak to him about our perscriptions .....nothing!

• disabledkenny1
    I would say that was illegal surely I never heard this before when you request a prescription it should be ready within 24 hours, I know I have to order mine through Boots chemist every time there is either boots not ordering them all or the GP's surgery not doing all items just one 1 or 2, etc.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Goodness, @Misscleo !

@disabledkenny1 , 3-4 months for pain clinic?! I waited almost 2 years....
  • disabledkenny1
    Hi Waylay thanks that is disgusting having to wait 2 years, I have decided if they not rang or send my appointments I will write a letter of complaint to them, also ring my GP to get them to chase it up, I am considering legal action against them as they are supposed to provide services between 3 - 5 weeks.
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    I agree that gp services are really in a bad way. GPs are unable or unwilling to provide adewuate care due to watever reason be it reasonable or unreasonable. Something needs to change

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.