Hi, my name is Regnomnori! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Regnomnori!

Options
Regnomnori
Regnomnori Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am the Grandad to a 4 year old who seems to be going through a lot of problems at the moment. He was born at 30 weeks, after having a stroke in the womb. He seemed to be doing well when we found out he was having seizures caused through West Syndrome, his head had fused early so had to have an operation to give his brain space to grow. Recently he has been diagnosed with epilepsy and it started to become more regular over the last couple of weeks. He recently had a check up on his eyes and they stated that he had damage to his optic nerves! He is such a happy and loving little boy.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Regnomnori   Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for sharing you story much appreciated by the community.

I hope you can take the time to look at our information on Talk about Specific conditions lots of the information and advice. Plus from community members like yourself and your grandson.

Who have had similar circumstances. Please can I also say we are a supportive community who care and share.

Lots of help and support.

Please can I add ask the community anything.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Shadowdragon
    Shadowdragon Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
    Options
    Hi welcome, Im sorry your going through so much, hope you find solace and help/support here.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Regnomnori and a very warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about your grandson. Thank you for turning to the community with this and sharing your story. I hope you find this a supportive place and feel you can get involved with discussions. Do you have support in place for your grandson and their parents? Is he in any form of education?
    You may find the Parents and carers, Education and learning, Neurological impairments and Hearing and visual impairments

If I can help anymore then please do be in touch :)
    Scope

Brightness