Entitlement for pip and medical evidence - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Entitlement for pip and medical evidence

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Thanks mikehughes, I did send more support to the courts. I rang dwp yesterday and said I may supply more evidence so they made a note on the system, now thinking this may delay the decision a bit more now. Why does the dwp have to butt in I thought I was having a appeal heard in around October November time this year.
  • alisha22
    Can i still ask for a tribunal hearing then.
  • bizzielizzie
    bizzielizzie Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    My husband got his stopped last year , we had a court date for 17th last m9nth , they cancelled it and put it back another ten weeks , My husband has suffered so much and they don't seem to care ,good luck everyone x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    alisha22 said:
    Can i still ask for a tribunal hearing then.
    I believe i advised you on this yesterday in your other thread you made with the same questions. As i stated, if DWP offer you an award and you still decide ou think you're entitled to more then you can refuse the offer and continue with the Tribunal.

Being offered an award before the Tribunal hearing isn't a bad thing, if the award they offer you is right for you then why on earth would you want to wait for the Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    If the dwp offer an award and we are happy with it, do they back pay. This is for a pip award.
  • alisha22
    Can anyone tell me if the dwp can score you zero points twice. What I mean is at the mandatory stage I was awarded 0 points, so awaiting tribunal hearing, now dwp saying they got all information so will make a decision. I know I've asked this sort of questions before but was wondering if it's happened to anyone else and 2nd time awarded 0 points or do you think this time they are willing to offer a award of some sort.
  • poppy123456
    alisha22 said:
    If the dwp offer an award and we are happy with it, do they back pay. This is for a pip award.
    Yes from the time the original decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    I would not want dwp to win but then thinking if I was to be offered a award and turned it down then risk loosing all at the tribunal.
  • alisha22
    Apologies to the guys who have had myself ask same old questions. Just new to this and I get all kinds of different advice.

• alisha22
    Can anyone tell me if I should hold any more medical evidence for pip as dwp have said they will be making a decision soon on my pip award. Just to let you know it's just before my tribunal.
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2018
    alisha22 said:
    Can anyone tell me if I should hold any more medical evidence for pip as dwp have said they will be making a decision soon on my pip award. Just to let you know it's just before my tribunal.
    I've already answered your question a few times. My answer was there's no need to send any further evidence to DWP if they're going to offer you an award. If they don't offer you an award or the award they offer isn't right for you then you'll continue with the Tribunal.  If this happens then you'll need to send the rest of the evidence to the Tribunal to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing.

I know it's very stressful waiting but there's really nothing you can or should do until you've heard from DWP about the award offer.

• alisha22
    Thanks poppy, you always answer my questions and I know i repeat myself a lot. Thanks for all your kind advice and apologise for repeating myself over and over. I will sit and wait for dwp to contact me.
  • alisha22
    Hi everyone, had a call from pip and said if I was happy to accept an offer of a award. They offered standard living and standard mobility, I have agreed as not sure I can drag this anymore and I am  completely drained out.  So she said that's good and in ten days will get a letter stating how much I will get and arrears etc etc. I hope I've done right thing but will always think what if I took it the whole what the outcome would of been.
  • Kaz1957
    Kaz1957 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Well my husband stuck it out and last Thursday 2nd August being awarded no points apart from four on mobility to then be awarded enhanced on both daily living and mobility also they have to pay him back from November 2 2017 x but if you are happy with the award don't put yourself through any more as it does take it out of you x 
  • poppy123456
    That's great news, if you're happy with that. However, if you weren't happy then you could have refused and continued with the Tribunal. Only you know how your conditions affect you. Relax now it's over.
  • alisha22
    Thanks guys, I am happy with that as I've had friends who have lost the appeal and where some have been awarded the highest award so it's a risk really and I may be foolish to just accept the standard award. This may be a silly question but can you appeal at a later stage if condition gets worse.
  • poppy123456
    No you can't appeal if your condition gets worse but you can put in a change of circumstances and they'll send you another PIP form to fill in and return. A Tribunal can only take into consideration what you were like at the time of the decision.
  • alisha22
    oh ok thanks poppy, I think I will leave well alone, I know i would get the highest award due to my conditions but as I said before I've been through a lot already. I think I should be grateful for what I've got. Thank you all so much for all your advice, it's always been appreciated.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Lucysam25 said:
    Hi everyone a bit confused how long do i say how far  i a can walk from getting up from my chair in the living room to the passage to front door stepping out of the door to  witch is about four steps with my walking stick to the car please help i can't walk any further  confused 
    err have you not got a tape measure?

• alisha22
    Hello everyone, I need some advice on my pip award. Today I got the letter from dwp saying I got both standard living and mobility. My arrears go in tomorrow the 10th August but as I saw the detail letter of my new scores I'm still confused as I know for some of the descriptors I should of got scores for and they gave 0 points for. I got one month to appeal, then I'm thinking can you put yourself through this again and in the end get nothing. I'm so confused as some folk say accept the given award where some say go all the way, but bear in mind they might come out with no points. Please help!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.