Information needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information needed

Options
Lisatbs73
Lisatbs73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm new to here so please help if you can. I'm a type 1 diabetic pump control, I also have Rheumatoid arthritis and registered severely sighted. I have a husband who is self employed and works when he can around me. I try to work 25 hours per week I get pip. I have a mortgage with 7 years left to pay on a 1 bedroom flat 1st floor which im struggling to get up and down due to sight and pain. Ok so that my back ground. So I was told last week that my boss of 10 years has sold up and the new bosses/owners arrived the day. so my old contract will end in 4 weeks which I could take redundancy from them which amounts to £1900. The new owners our obliged to take us on under new contract with a 6 month probationary period which he has said he won't want some of us and my old boss only kept me on due to feeling sorry for me. I know my health and sight our a big work hazard but my question is what do I do. I feel like I won't get another job therefore I'm going to have to sell my flat as I won't be able to afford it with just my husband wages but what do I do. The cab told me we can't get help cause we r mortgaged and my husband is self employed. Someone please help where to start or what direction I can take. Sorry for being so negative I'm just so sad and unsettled. Thanking you in advance.. x

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Lisabs73

A warm welcome.

As your concerns relate to your employment situation.

I think you would be better off, contacting ACAS's helpline on tel: 0300 123 1100.
    Lines open Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm.

When a business transfers ownership, TUPE applies, they cannot lawfully dismiss you.

Also an employer has to make "reasonable adjustments", when dealing with an employee, who has disabilities.

Have you had anything in writing?

ACAS will explain in detail about matters above.

Brightness