had esa assessment i am worried about outcome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

had esa assessment i am worried about outcome

princess27
princess27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
hi 
i had a esa assessment last week this is the third time i have had one in 6 months since being put on the work related activity group. i rung up monday to see wether the decission maker has done anything yet and requested my report from that meeting i have had it but have found some quite alarming things in the report which i know isnt true i am worried as what they have put on it will stop my esa    

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Wow that’s so stressful 
    so sorry to hear this 
    I hope you’re coping under the circumstances 
  • princess27
    not really i doesnt help with my anxiety i just feel like the job center just dont care if u have a mental health condition or not
  • BELLAcat2018
    BELLAcat2018 Scope Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi princess , have they actually reached a decision?  I take it by what you Have read that some of it or all of what they have written is complete rubbish!! I am just completing my ESA form , my second in 4 yrs as I am.in support group,  very stressful for all of us going through this .. stand your ground with them if something is not right , that's what I did 4 yrs ago and I'm prepared to do it again if I have to good luck!! 
  • princess27
    no i rung them up they said they hadnt made a decision yet. i was on the support group up til 6 months ago then was re assessed and got put on the work related activity group and that the finding they keep coming to but when i was put on the support group orginally i was not in any treatment or taking any meds but now i am i just loosing my wits with the lot of it 
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    @princess27
    Its hard 
    Lots if ppl struggling 
    Focussing on solutions not the problems are challenging 

Lots of support here 
  • princess27
  • BELLAcat2018
    @princess27, oh so you have been removed from support to wrag ? .. if you have health issues that are worse then I dont understand it , 
    Try not to worry,
  • princess27
    yer they took me off support 6 months ago put me on work related activity i saw the work coach at job center once in 6 months and he said at my interview then that i shouldnt of been put on work related activity. i am totally confused as well as i thought that considering i am under the care of the gp and have to see them every 3 weeks to check meds are working and i was doing cbt (cognitive behaviour therapy) that means to me my condition has got worse but the job center dont seem to be agreeing if very much like the left hand dont know what right hand doing 
    i try not to but it doesnt always work
  • BELLAcat2018
    @princess27,
    It is a very stressful time , and I know its easy for me to say not to worry when I am worrying myself about my assessment whenever that will be .
    Have you asked your work Coach if he can give you a supporting letter maybe? ..just dont seem right,  all very confusing isn't it bless you.  I have CBT therapy at home myself 
  • princess27
    i have only seen him once so i dont think it be worth it. hopefully it goes ok for u it took them 2 years to do my first assessment that was cause i rung them up and said when is the assessment going to be. 
  • BELLAcat2018
    @ princess27, oh I see , so he is not someone you are in contact with long term , well all I can do is hope  but if they think I am capable of work then they have a looks loose 
    I never contacted DWP regards to the assessment,  let's hope that things work out for us both ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've received the ESA assessment report it should state in there the recommendations but you have to know what to look for and understand what it means. ESA assessment reports are more complicated to read the PIP assessment reports.

Take a closer look to see what recommendations there are, it will be there somewhere. The Decision maker usually goes with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • princess27
    yes i hope everything goes well

• princess27
    all it says in there that i suffer with aniexty and that i never worked full time so they couldnt assess if it would effect if get a full time job they dont think there a risk but there might be so very confusing
  • BELLAcat2018
  • princess27
  • poppy123456
    Does it say that there's no substantial risk to you or others round you if you were not found to have limited capability for work or limited capability for work and work related activity?

Or does it say there would be a substantial risk to the claimant if they were found to have LCW or LCWRA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • princess27
    it says "does not suggest there would be a substantial risk to the mental of physical health of any person if they were found capable of work or work related activity".

• poppy123456
    To me that means that they're recommending that reg 29 or 35 doesn't apply because there's no risk. You'll need to wait for the decision. Hopefully it won't be too long.
  • princess27

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.