Carers element, do you need to complete a full month? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers element, do you need to complete a full month?

Options
ivanmiller20011967
ivanmiller20011967 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Been caring for my uncle for the last 4yrs, decided to give it up due to illness . Been receiveing universal credit and the careers element . My U/C  starts as from 21st of each month, gave up claiming carers allowance on 19th and made a change of circumstances on on U/C journal, am I entitled to careers element for the 29 days or do you need to complete a full month.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,269 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The carers element will end when you stopped being a carer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ivanmiller20011967
    ivanmiller20011967 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, I was told by U/C that I needed to complete a full month to be entitled to the careers element, therefore I was not rewarded for the 29 days for caring.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,269 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry but i can't find anywhere where it states that.

You will need to sign a new claimant commitment though, if you haven't already done that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @ivanmiller20011967!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.