Esa backdated income related and premiums - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa backdated income related and premiums

Comments

• scraggs
    scraggs Community member Posts: 76 Courageous
    Hi just a query I left UK to live in France in 2012 I was receiving ESA contribution support group and DLA middle care and high mobility I was allowed to keep ESA also DLA care but mobility was not exportable so could not receive this however I am.now back living in UK told them of my move back and went to ftf for ESA September 2018 and awarded ESA contribution based lwca also been awarded DLA middle care but not been awarded mobility that I had to give up due to move abroad not because I was not entitled is it worth me asking for mobility back ? I have secondary progressive ms ) I was awarded ongoing award of DLA middle care rate in June 2018 I thought everyone has to go onto pip ? But I was told by cab that I have to be in country two years before I can claim pip ? That means I am missing out on my mobility award and due to my ms have great difficulty getting to appt etc any help or advice would be gratefully received 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    poppy I got the ESA85 today and it recommends LCWRA but no prognosis date on it.

I didnt hit any SG descriptors but was recommended anyway, I am unhappy with a few things in the report tho and wish I never read it now.

When I get more envelopes which I am still waiting for I will resend my statements for the backdated ESA money as when I rang the DWP they say they havent been scanned into the system so no evidence of them arriving.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    They usually go with the report. For the length of time does is say recommend re-assessment in the short or medium term?

Seems like it could have been reg 35?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misscraft
    misscraft Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi everyone . I was called now good 18 months back .looks like I was put on  contribute esa and should been put on  premium  Basted . They send me a form and I was little worried always do with forms I think the worsed even though I shouldn’t . Anyway It tuck me  awhile  To fill it in because I was worried about it . Send it off been 12 weeks next week not Hurd anything .ask for my income 3-4 weeks back that’s it . I seen can be  backdated from 2011 to 2014 .I only ever had esa and pip was dla till it changed over to pip I get high for both on pip . I was on  incapacity then changed in 2011to esa they asked for everything from 2011 . Anyway it’s been nearly 12 weeks and not Hurd anything should I ring them to see any updates or leave it because there so busy . I just be happy to still get what I get anything else is a bonus but part of one of my illness is worrying and Then it sets the others off and I not been able to sleep for 3 weeks been very poorly for a month had a increase in meds .would be nice to  have this sorted it’s kind of stressful and it’s Christmas just want it over with now so I can relax . Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    @misscraft you can try ringing but there's not really any timescales. The 12 weeks is just a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • misscraft
    Thank you poppy . If I don’t here anything by the end of next week I will give them a call. When they rang me for some more info and I had to send little bit more info they did say the dead line for my claim is to be done By the 12th .because I was late sending my form back they let it slide due to medical reason and will be done before Christmas so I mite here something soon fingers crossed x 
  • worried33
    edited December 2018
    to poppy and others.

My case has turned into a nightmare, I am shaking right now.

So I sent my statements on the 15 November, which is now almost a month ago, and these have not been logged onto the system, notes keep been added "waiting for evidence" but noone has contacted me, yet I have rang them three times to check if they arrived.  I sent a second copy first class last week, and those are not there either.

They refuse to give me an email address to send electronically (yet they did this for someone else).
    They refuse to let me speak to the processing office, and instead if I am lucky I will get a call back within 2 days.

The lady on the phone at one point even was trying to suggest to me I just wait the full 12 weeks and if I dont hear anything it means they "probably" have the statement, until I pointed out they would probably just keep adding on my notes "waiting for evidence" and I would be non the wiser.

I have tried to ring up benefit advice lines for my area, but noone is answering.  So I dont know what the best thing to do now in terms of getting this escalated, I dont think I should just wait and hope they somehow find my valuable documents which they appear to have lost.

Also on the ESA85 it said medium term, I have no idea what medium term is, so would appreciate advice on that, not in the mood to ring and ask after the call about my statements.  Also the decision got made for SG as well now, I got that letter yesterday but of course no date on it.
  • misscraft
    edited December 2018
    Worried .... I rang to day but it’s a different number to the standard esa number or benefits number they told me the same still waiting for the information they asked for 4 weeks back I said I send it she said well they not got it and i said who’s they she said it’s a different department who deals with this and give me the number if you want it I can wright it down and give it to you . Anyway I rang them they said the same about the rest of the information we needed I said yes it’s been sent weeks ago she said oh yes we got it it’s now in  processing  From 2 weeks ago will 
    take anther 10 weeks due to the added information we needed . if I didn’t ring this department I would have though they not got what I sent weeks ago and just gone by what the First Lady told me been now 3 half months nearly 4 so be nearly 6 month in 10
    weeks time o been waiting .am goin to ring back tomorrow just to check they have got everything they need x 
  • worried33
    Yes please give me the number, they are refusing to give me ways to contact them directly, I really appreciate it thank you.
  • poppy123456
    @worried33 Not sure what to advise on the IB to ESA issue, i'm afraid. Did you put your NI number on everything you sent?

As for the assessment for the ESA, have you had the decision yet or just the assessment report? There's no length of time as such for ESA because they can re-assess you at anytime. The decision letters never have a length of time on them. Once a decision is made, you'll be able to ring ESA and they'll tell you the length of time, but do be aware that they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
  • worried33
    Poppy yes the NI was put on every sheet, and was very hard for me to do as over 100 sheets of paper for the statements.  I was hoping you would know what the auto review date is set as you asked if it said medium term and it does say medium term.  I got the SG decision letter yesterday.
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea what medium term is, sorry. My assessment report also said medium term, my decision letter didn't state any length of time because they never do. Like i said they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months and a length of time doesn't really mean anything for ESA because some go over, and others are contacted long before.

I never ring to ask what length of time because it's pointless. I'm not going to spend my future time worrying when i'll be contacted. For me my assessment is done for now, i've remained in the Support Group. Time to forget about it until the next one comes through the door.
  • misscraft
    Worried.. I think your doin a esa claim is that right .if so am on about the  premium . Mine was a little book asking for information from 2011 it’s because am on  contribute basted and I get  enhance  Pip so I shouldn’t been on contribute bast esa They never    Assessed Me I never had to do another form from 2011 because my disability .  if this is the same thing your doin then I can give you
    the number to ring them  directly  
  • worried33
    Yes it is about the premium, please give me the number I badly need it, thank you.
  • worried33
    no need for the number now, they finally confirmed they got the statements.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to me, I will try to help others as well.
  • misscraft
    Glad they got everything hopefully soon be sorted . X 
  • angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    @worried33
    My advice would be whatever you send, any statements, your MR info . anything that's very important, I always send them "signed for". I know it's not always easy but that's the best thing to do to get proof of sending and proof of receipt. :) 
  • worried33
    Thats what I did when I sent the second batch.  Thanks.
  • worried33
    edited January 2019
    Seems when I Was told they sent to processing in DEC I was lied to or the process took an entire month.

The new story I got told now is they werent even passed onto processing until 9th January and as a result my 3 month waiting period ends in April. "Five months" After I got the letter, 12 weeks? dont make me laugh.

I just got off the phone to my MP who agrees  I shouldnt suffer because it took them a month to pass the paperwork over, so she is now writing to the DWP for the 3 month wait to be reduced to 2 months as compensation for the month delay.

To make this even more of a joke, if I didnt complain to the DWP in December it may not have even got done on the 9th January, as the person who processed my complaint told me they intervened during the second week of January.
  • misscraft
    I was waiting 19 weeks altogether I Hurd something last week I been back dated a lot more then I could even think off it was worth the wait but the waiting  and my mental heath was a struggle it was meant to been done by the 4th Dec and was only juSt sorted last week but it’s sorted now and the waiting is over . Hope you here something soon worried 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.