I really need support - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I really need support

Comments

• beckyboo84
    beckyboo84 Community member Posts: 111 Connected
    I try close my eyes now
  • beckyboo84
    How to organise things and things in my mind decisions how to have a backbone? I am going to close my eyes now
  • cupidpsyche
    cupidpsyche Posts: 76 Connected
    Night beck, have a good sleep!
  • beckyboo84
  • cupidpsyche
    Ya I will be after 2 hours 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @beckyboo84 I was asleep.

I have a very good friend on the community, @thespiceman and I'm sure he will not mind me sharing this.

Years ago, he too had a alcohol addiction. He has now been free for many years. He is a Christian and the words of the Bible really comfort him and motivate him. He is an amazing man and a wonderful friend.

He is on here everyday, currently he is unwell so taking time to recuperate but he will be back in a few days.

I am glad you have had the support from @cupidpsyche overnight. I am busy this morning but I will be back this afternoon if you would like to chat.

You can do this Becky, we believe in you x
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • beckyboo84
    Thank you did he do a step problem or anything
  • cupidpsyche
    Goodmorning Becky! How you feeling today?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beckyboo84, I hope you're having a good day today and I'm glad to see you've had the chance to talk with other community members. You can talk to us any time by posting on the community or by calling our helpline on 0808 800 3333 (free).

However, I would encourage anybody reading this to be careful with sharing your personal details with anybody who you have only met over an internet forum. No matter how good their intentions may be, our most important concern is your safety. 

Have you talked to your GP about your situation and how things are tough at the moment?

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

• beckyboo84
    I have spoken t samaratians a a lot. I felt the thoughts of not been here yourselves are much help
  • beckyboo84
    Ami others are good thoughts of care insight  I've not had
  • Ami2301
    Hey @beckyboo84 I have read your post on my wall, I will explain how I cope shortly as now about to have lunch.
  • beckyboo84
    And what works for the gent mentioned 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hello @beckyboo84 Pleased to meet you welcome.   Thanks to @Ami2301 for mentioning me.

Sorry I was not around. Apologise still recovering from a cold.

Understand that you have issues with addiction...  First thing I need you think about is talking to your GP.  Because this is not easy to say but you do and will need professional help to stop.

I am acutely aware of how hard is this. to cope and also hard it is to stop.

The big problem is finding safe and practical solutions to cease your addiction.  I do not know how much you drink.  It is my concern that if you stop suddenly become ill.

You must understand also alcoholism is a disease.

The underlying factors that drive you to drink make you want that drink. All of them are mental.

When we get anxious or nervous we reach for a drink. Trust me been there to calm me down and helps to relax.  Then you start drinking even more.

My story briefly is been an alcoholic for thirty years and some drugs.  Add to that had alcoholic amnesia.  Which means drink to oblivion and can not recall anything.

Only safe way is to go through rehab  that you will be weened off slowly. Took me eighteen month.

Been clean for twelve years  and every day still a struggle  I am one of many.  Come on here as a community champion to advise community members like yourself.

Found GOD which helps a lot.

One final point that you are in touch with AA. 

Please contact me anytime you like.  Here to give you reassurance. Be supportive.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • beckyboo84
    Tried with Dr t good or diagnosed. Not rehab. I tried as talk of bad things t rely on that b another addiction not normal happy activities.found God bout only if it not heavy judgemental. Assuming. I need direction  training work family a home life finances 
  • beckyboo84
    Your love care unmeasurable
  • Ami2301
    Glad @thespiceman has got in touch with you.

My flashbacks are due to the time I spent in Dritical Care, last March.

I was in a coma for 4 days, I was heavily sedated, I had a couple of small seizures, I almost died.

The one thing that has eased my flashbacks is exposure. For example, I am up to my eyeballs with hospital appointments so I face all the smells, sights, etc on a weekly basis.

Any little thing can trigger my flashbacks, it's not just me who has them but also my mum and my fiance as they saw things that completely devastated them.

We openly talk about them, support each other.

I have my intensive care review next Wednesday which I am nervous about as this is the hospital where majority of my flashbacks stem from. I had my first review back in September, this was a different hospital but it was still scary.

My method may not work for you but we can help you find support available to you.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @beckyboo84 Thanks for replying to me. Thank you kind words.

This is about you right now not me. I have to say to you. This is your life another thing you have to first of all admit you have a problem.

Reading the previous posts you have a problem.

Hurts like hell first time called a slang word by a friend for an alcoholic.  Then my Doctor called me an alcoholic.  In consultations.

Yes your going to AA but that does work if you want this you need to go to rehab.

Please can I add rehab is basically a clinic.  You became an outpatient with a counsellor.  Week to week consultations and they wean your dependency with alcohol off.

Have support services plus floating support. Groups and meetings.

Understand it is scary frightening.

I do understand if you want all your issues and problems to go away then you need to do this.

Sleep deprivation and all the issues around work, finance and family all alcoholism related.  Plus may I say the mental health problems you are having.

Please can I add another alcoholic can not usually another alcoholic want and why to stop. That is your choice..

One final point please look in the council services directory if you having some problems with your Doctor accessing help.

Speak to your Doctor .  You can self refer.

Go down usually under clinics make an appointment or speak to AA for advice.   You do not have to speak to your GP.

National Helpline 0800 9177 650.

Wish you all the success. Remember it is up to you. Small steps.

Always here anytime. Celebration twelve years clean this year in a few months time.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • beckyboo84
    Thank you can't cope going anywhere  alone my whole body just gone no moments slow I m not going make much longer. Need someone tomorrow barley can press these keys. I nthespiceman said:
    Hello @beckyboo84 Thanks for replying to me. Thank you kind words.

This is about you right now not me. I have to say to you. This is your life another thing you have to first of all admit you have a problem.

Reading the previous posts you have a problem.

Hurts like hell first time called a slang word by a friend for an alcoholic.  Then my Doctor called me an alcoholic.  In consultations.

Yes your going to AA but that does work if you want this you need to go to rehab.

Please can I add rehab is basically a clinic.  You became an outpatient with a counsellor.  Week to week consultations and they wean your dependency with alcohol off.

Have support services plus floating support. Groups and meetings.

Understand it is scary frightening.

I do understand if you want all your issues and problems to go away then you need to do this.

Sleep deprivation and all the issues around work, finance and family all alcoholism related.  Plus may I say the mental health problems you are having.

Please can I add another alcoholic can not usually another alcoholic want and why to stop. That is your choice..

One final point please look in the council services directory if you having some problems with your Doctor accessing help.

Speak to your Doctor .  You can self refer.

Go down usually under clinics make an appointment or speak to AA for advice.   You do not have to speak to your GP.

National Helpline 0800 9177 650.

Wish you all the success. Remember it is up to you. Small steps.

Always here anytime. Celebration twelve years clean this year in a few months time.

Take care.

@thespiceman

• beckyboo84
    Need loved ones can never have

Brightness