Pip reduced — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reduced

tracy2244
tracy2244 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
Hi I have signed up today in the hope for some help if possible. I have been on ESA for 4 years now and was awarded PIP  about two years ago. I suffer depression, anxiety, artritues, asthma, syatica and gout. 3 weeks ago I had another Pip assessment done and was also ask change to my heath since last assessment. The answer was yes I now also now have spondylitis type 2 diebetise, high colestral, B12 defecity and IBS. My pip was due today put was lot less then I have been getting. I have not had a letter to give me the results of my assignment. Dose anyone no why it has been reduced.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    That seems odd @tracy2244 I can only suggest that you call them up and ask what has happened. If your award has been changed you should have been informed, you can call the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    You say that you have received a letter which presumably is a decision notice.
    What does the letter say?
  • tracy2244
    No I haven't had the letter yet to let me no the outcome 
  • Yadnad
    Sometimes the letter arrives after you notice a change in your money in the bank account.
    The first time people find out that they had got an award is when the money hits the bank. Hang in there - a letter will be on it's way to let you know what is happening.
  • tracy2244
    Thank you for your replies. I will see if I get anything in the post today if not I will them a call later today   :)
  • tracy2244
    Hi a update on my message. I have just rung them she said my PIP has been stopped as not entitled to it anymore.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. The payment you received today was likely the last one because it was a less amount.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR and you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempt that activity for each descriptor that applies.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracy2244
    Thank you poppy123456 I will do that as soon as the letter turns up. 
  • Yadnad
    tracy2244 said:
    Hi a update on my message. I have just rung them she said my PIP has been stopped as not entitled to it anymore.
    Sorry to hear that. Be prepared for a wait of 15 months + if you want to take it to a Tribunal. ridiculous waiting period in my opinion.
  • tracy2244
    Hi all sorry to bother you again. I still have not received from pip to say they stopped it, but did today get a letter from Health Assessment Advisory Service saying have to next week for a face-face assessment ti carry out an assessment in relation to my bebefit claim. Is this for the Pip they just or something as it dint say what benefit claim it is for. 
  • Ghost4287
    Ghost4287 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    @tracy2244 I had to have a face to face assessment for my PIP.
  • tracy2244
    Ghost4287 hi. I had my face to face 3 weeks ago for my PIP and was told over the phone yesterday  they have stopped it.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

Do you claim ESA or universal credit? The health assessment advisory service do work capability assessments. You must have filled in and returned a work capability assessment form (ESA50/UC50) at some point in the past, is this correct?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
  • tracy2244
    edited January 2019
    Poppy123456 yes I get ESA have done for 4 years. I have not had either of the forms to fill in
  • liverpool1969
    liverpool1969 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi guys I am 49yrs Epileptic from birth I have asthma,arthritis spine bone spurs anxiety and depression , I’ve been on DLA from 25yrs middle rate care low mobility each assessment I’ve always taken a seizure most of time ambulance required , PIP took over in 2016 taken a seizure laying in ambulance as assessment withheld , reception run out next appointment gave it to my husband saying in a manner “Got to come back “Won’t get paid if “Don’t and won’t get home visit , which proved her wrong with a letter off my consultant , Got my award for 3yrs , been diagnosed now with non-epileptic seizures quite confusing but referred to therapy , as well as my epilepsy they are stress related , just had a review from pip who was a woman with mental health background , never gave a score , at my home for safety , left leaving no score that she thought , I being crying,agitated,palpatations everything but not a seizure”thank God” results came back I can control my seizures with medication, eyes were fixed , upset just a little , and can get to a safe place when a seizure happening , I’ve never had a warning with my epilepsy , but new ones I take sometimes I do , there different, lowered my award taken standard mobility off me nothing about the after effects I have after seizure , and it’s for a longer period of time and put am ok in a safe environment basically because I never took one , I’ve taken 3seizures since this letter got to somewhere safe ie.hospital . Ended up on floor having a seizure , not safe place for me , these people Atos , Dwp are bullying and intimidating people like myself , to bring on seizure ie. why do you take a seizure ? 49yrs am still asking myself why ,so just little bit of my experience and certainly not helping my condition , I am going to ask for a mandatory consideration when I feel bit myself again but inside can’t handle , they have not even taken in my mental state after seizure obviously because my arms and legs can move am fine and fit and never took a seizure I can control , disgusting these assessors are suppose to be medically trained , one assessment I frightened the assessor in the seizure , not good for either something to remember for me not nice , thanks reading
  • poppy123456
    tracy2244 said:
    Poppy123456 yes I get ESA have done for 4 years. I have not had either of the forms to fill in
    It's a work capability assessment for ESA. Have you changed your address recently and didn't report the changes? I'd ring DWP and the number on the letter to tell them that you haven't receive a work capability assessment form.

Usually when you don't return an ESA50 form then they find you fit for work for failing to return the form. If you're claiming for mental health reasons then DWP are more relaxed with the rules but do ring to find out what's happening. Good luck.
  • tracy2244
    Poppy123456. No haven't changed my address. I rung them today to see what the benefit assessment was for as didn't say on the letter. When I spoke to her i ask what it was for she just said for your ESA benefit and more or less put the phone down on me. I will ring them again tomorrow and mention it. Could it be I didn't get any forms as I only done one fir my pip a few weeks? It also says on the letter they want medical records from my docter. I no this can take 1-2 weeks  for him to do this has he done in the past. Like I said only got the today but git to go there next Wednesday 6th 
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited January 2019
    Yadnad said:
    Sometimes the letter arrives after you notice a change in your money in the bank account.
    The first time people find out that they had got an award is when the money hits the bank. Hang in there - a letter will be on it's way to let you know what is happening.
    **always** arrives after the payment has already been adjusted I think you mean Yadnad... lol

Hope you manage to get it sorted tracy2244 
  • Yadnad
    tracy2244 said:
    It also says on the letter they want medical records from my doctor.  
    Are they suggesting that you get the records from your GP and presumably for you to pay for the privilege?

The DWP/assessing company should obtain these as they have an agreement with the NHS to pay the GP for this information.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.