HI, Im new — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HI, Im new

marcbucks
marcbucks Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I'm Marc I'm 47.

Hello people. I'm new to scope and I joined as going through PIP Assessment.. again and wat to read up on what has changed, developed and get to know more people as I live in a bit of a lonely world.

Me, I am a Dad of older kids who developed mental health illness around the age of 30 and then a back problem and stomach problem, I guess in my mid 30s, living with chronic pain and mental health, and related conditions. I take far to many medicines for my liking but the Doctors, tell me they keep me Able to manage! though days I cannot get out of bed, I'm not so sure.

Though I try to make the most of it, but with busy children and not getting out like I use to, has resolved me to being home most days. 

At the moment I have been on PIP since 2015 and last August I got the dreaded reappraisal letter, its taken 9 months to get to the ATOS assessment and now about 3 weeks in for the notification (no news!), So pent-up stress of will I loose my motability car, will I loose my care component?

Desperate to get fit, I swim, well paddle! Desperate for a holiday, I am pretty much in the centre of the UK, so I love the seaside and hope to go soon!

That's me!

Comments

Brightness