WCA & PIP - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA & PIP

Comments

• pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Ah I see you are on about the UC F2F - yes I need to inform then with the update as I understand there is a heath section too and some premiums might be added.  I will call them in a few days and see what they say. I just hope it's not 6 weeks from the progress letter - which basically said they had all they needed and were making a decision. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    pcoventry said:
    Ah I see you are on about the UC F2F - yes I need to inform then with the update as I understand there is a heath section too and some premiums might be added.  I will call them in a few days and see what they say. I just hope it's not 6 weeks from the progress letter - which basically said they had all they needed and were making a decision. 
    If you're claiming UC then unfortunately, there's no disability premiums available with this. You need to be claim Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support to be able to claim any of the disability premiums.

The only extra money available on UC is the LCWRA element and for this you need to have a work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KEE
    KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    @pcoventry if the Pip have made a decision for you, they can tell you on the phone instead of waiting for a decision letter to arrive which comes some time after. @poppy123456 thank you for that information 
  • pcoventry
    Hi Kee, No they haven't and I've just called - they are now saying it can take up to 10 weeks!!

Still waiting to be looked at by a Case Manager :( 

• KEE
    Hi @pcoventry, they have backlogs but you will still receive any benefit owed to you should they decide. Unfortunately it is a long drawn out process and my health is definitely suffering  from the stress of it all. Together with two new recent diagnoses after undergoing an Endoscopy examination last week. I really don’t know whether I should be letting PIP know of new illnesses whilst they haven’t completed my MR or not?
     I will let WCA Assessment team know next week at my assessment.
    Dont know whether I coming or going ?

• pcoventry
    edited June 2019
    Ah you've asked for a MR. I think I will have to do the same when I get my decision if it's based on the report - as she left a few major things out!. I don't know if you should tell them of not, it can't hurt surely? 

I wish they would hurry up in my case. Living on 8p cans of beans because I can't afford anything else is not fun. Amongst many other humiliating things I need PIP so I can afford to buy just to help me get dressed (which i've not been able to do for a while) 
  • KEE
    It’s so sad to hear that @pcoventry. It is humiliating and adds insult to injury. Really hope you do not have to wait much longer and you receive the decision you need. Some local councils have a Local welfare provision for situations like not enough money to live on. In Birmingham you apply online for a prepaid card think maximum is £60 they put on it, dependant on your personal circumstances so you can use it to get food/toiletries from Asda, Aldi etc.  You can google for more information on LWP (local welfare provision) or the alternative is CAB for a food voucher. Take care for now. 
  • pcoventry
    edited June 2019
    Thanks. I'm okay I have enough money for a week or two - found £1 in a draw - no idea who it got there but that will buy a fair amount of tins! Good thing I like these beans eh!. Bread goes off too quickly - tinned beans last forever :) 

I'm going to call up and see when they got my report - that will give me an indication of how many weeks I am since that time - I think I am about 2 months in and I understand that's the point in which they pay you for. I can then look online for some aids that will help me. I know I will get PIP. Well if they go off the report I will - and as soon as I get the decision I will also have to ask for a MR but they pay you at least whilst they decide. 
  • pcoventry
    edited June 2019
    Seems you were lucky Kee - I have just been told that I should hear something between the 17th of July and the 16th of August - I put my claim in in March. I am also told if the claim manager feels like it the claim will start from then but it's not guaranteed. I might as well just give up as the wait is not doing me any good. From the date I put my claim in ( which was the day after I got the form as I sent it by Special Delivery next day) will be 15 weeks tomorrow. I'm being told the 8-10 weeks starts from the date they got my report which is the 7th of June. So not sure what I will get when the claim is finally agreed. 

10 weeks from the 7th will be the 16th of August and I have been told to call back then if I have heard nothing - and then it will be classed as late 
  • poppy123456
    pcoventry said:
    Seems you were lucky Kee - I have just been told that I should hear something between the 17th of July and the 16th of August - I put my claim in in March. I am also told if the claim manager feels like it the claim will start from then but it's not guaranteed. I might as well just give up as the wait is not doing me any good. From the date I put my claim in ( which was the day after I got the form as I sent it by Special Delivery next day) will be 15 weeks tomorrow. I'm being told the 8-10 weeks starts from the date they got my report which is the 7th of June. So not sure what I will get when the claim is finally agreed. 

10 weeks from the 7th will be the 16th of August and I have been told to call back then if I have heard nothing - and then it will be classed as late 
    HI

Are you talking about PIP or the WCA? Sorry but i'm a little confused because the thread is titled WCA and PIP. Just curious because of the advice you've been given... . "I am also told if the claim manager feels like it the claim will start from then but it's not guaranteed" If it's PIP is it a new claim, change of circumstances or transfer from DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pcoventry
    edited June 2019
    It's a new PIP claim with the form on the 23rd of March, F2F at my house on 20th of May - report received to PIP 7th of June and now a 8-10 week wait 

Sorry I was not clear :( 

I did ask for a MR on my WCA and they came back the next working day and said no change - if only PIP were that fast!
  • poppy123456
    I can't remember if you've received the report for PIP but if you have and it recommends an award you will receive backdated money to the date you rang to start your claim.

The only time this doesn't happen is if there's any question about the 3 month rule. This means that for PIP you must have had the conditions for at least 3 months, if they don't think it's been this long then your money will not be backdated to the start of your claim. Hope this helps.
  • pcoventry
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the clarification Poppy - yes I have the report it does for 18 months to start with and it says more than 3 months in the past and more than 9 into the future. 

I will need to MR if the CM does not look at the extra notes and award 12 points. But based on the report it's 18/10 if they just go off that and the descriptors.  

The 23rd was when they got the form it was a week before that I called to start the claim. so that's 16 weeks tomorrow 
  • KEE
    Hello @pcoventry,
    As promised I just giving a quick update.
    I have not received a decision on the MR I requested on my PIP decision and I have been waiting for 6 weeks now. 
    I did receive the date for my WCA health assessment and attended today.
    The assessor seemed very nice and professional and I had my assessment on the ground floor which made things easier. It took about 20 mins which was much quicker than the PIP assessment, so just have to await the decision on this too now.
    Hope you have heard something by now? 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for updating us @KEE and I am glad the WCA went well for you :)
    Scope

• KEE
  • pcoventry
    Hi @KEE

I'm glad to hear it all went well. I have not heard anything - I am going to ring up every Friday until I do - at the moment I am 16 weeks from initial phone call. I have been told, as I said that it should be between 17th July and 16th of August - As we all know it's the waiting that is the worst bit!
  • KEE
    Thank you @pcoventry. I hope you hear soon. ? My worst bit is the Assessment its the waiting for and going through this that has a negative impact on my mental health especially when there has to be 2 assessments for the same DWP just different benefits. Think there should be a process for taking into consideration the medical notes, illness reported and assessment etc already. 
  • pcoventry
    I agree, I've had 4 all in all between WCA and PIP because of a mis communication at their end. And like you said the waiting is the worst bit - but when I get an update I will let you know. It'll be by the end of August for sure.
  • KEE
    Yes I sure it will be before end of August for you and yes please update and I will do too. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.