Prinzmetal variant angina caused by breathing in cold air. More than 28 days abroad? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prinzmetal variant angina caused by breathing in cold air. More than 28 days abroad?

Options

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @clasship..... I don't believe that neither the assessors nor DWP draw a distinction between the assessment/ interview etc and the report that they subsequently produce. Obviously once the assessment has finished then that's it - it should really be saved in a un-editable format.

My assessor said that I couldn't see it because 'it wasn't finished' or something similar.

I could only conclude that information would be added later - which is fine if it was her conclusions and recommendations but not if it was adding things to the interview that had already been completed.

Sadly it looks bent, even if it isn't!
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @ilovecats - thanks..I think that makes a lot of sense.

I can understand that an assessor might not want to disclose their 'observations' if they were contrary to what the interviewee was claiming as that could easily lead to conflict.  

The assessor I had wasn't very amenable and wouldn't let me see what she typed. 

The report was so materially different to what happened at the assessment and, coupled with the fact that she wouldn't let me see it, I could only draw one conclusion...
  • clasship
    clasship Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies. I suffer the  prinzmetal variant angina (PVA) that stops me going out for a good 8 months a year, with a few of my heart attacks due to PVA. I had 19 heart attacks total, non small, two by-passes failed, would have had a heart transplant, but that is not permissible because I had a major stroke. From that stroke 16 years ago I have chronic back pain, and yet I have zero confidence I will be granted PIP. Adding insult to injury and what really digs at me, I used to be quite successful and just the last cheque I wrote the taxman was for over 300k....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 
  • clasship
    Options
    The latest news is that after 6 weeks and 6 days I had a call from the decision maker after I received one page of what I believe to be an internal form LT54 (DMACR) and rang the DWP on Friday asking had they meant to send just that page with no covering letter to me?  Interestingly the DWP guy I called and spoke to on Friday who was not part of the team dealing with my request, confirmed the DWP do allow people suffering illnesses as I do that are quite severe and benefit from breathing in warm air, not that the DM was admitting to this, so I await the decision from said DM. The same DWP guy also told me there was no regulation as such determining an extension to the 28 day rule to 13 / 26 weeks, which does not surprise me as I could not find such a regulation. Is there anyone out there who knows better?

I submitted a lot of medical evidence with actual PVA events / attacks requiring emergency services and hospitalisation and proof of the temperatures at the time and location, I should be feeling positive given that I have had documented heart attacks at +14c (+57f) but I don't, I don't want to jump the gun, however I fear I will have to go to MR and appeal, that's if that is the correct procedure, is it? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to update us @clasship, I hope you are not waiting much longer. 
    Scope

• clasship
    Options
    It's been 13 weeks and no face to face PIP waterboarding assessment. I can only assume I won't be interviewed and on that basis if anyone knows anyone who would like 2 x brand new mains /  battery cassette tape recorders, with 8 x brand new batteries and 5 x brand new 90 minute cassette tapes, then I just put them up for sale. They are on a famous auction site Item #: 254391592910 starting bid being £35 including shipping, a bargain may I add, especially if they help ensure someone is awarded their claim. It's possible my request to record the assessment had a beneficial influence on my claim, and / or  maybe these are lucky tape recorders, only time will tell, but I think it's vital to record your assessment.   
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    clasship said:
    It's been 13 weeks and no face to face PIP waterboarding assessment. I can only assume I won't be interviewed and on that basis if anyone knows anyone who would like 2 x brand new mains /  battery cassette tape recorders, with 8 x brand new batteries and 5 x brand new 90 minute cassette tapes, then I just put them up for sale. They are on a famous auction site Item #: 254391592910 starting bid being £35 including shipping, a bargain may I add, especially if they help ensure someone is awarded their claim. It's possible my request to record the assessment had a beneficial influence on my claim, and / or  maybe these are lucky tape recorders, only time will tell, but I think it's vital to record your assessment.   
    What makes you think you don't need a face to face assessment? Have you been told this? or is it because of the 13 week wait is making you think you don't need one? if it's this then there's no timescales for waiting times for the assessments, some are waiting several months.

If you have been told one isn't needed then i'm afraid you won't be able to sell your items on scope because it's not allowed. Gumtree or facebook is a good place to start.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clasship
    Options
    I am assuming after 13 weeks I won't have a face to face assessment. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Please don't assume this because as advised waiting times do vary and it's very rare to have a paper based assessment. Most people have face to face assessments. You can ring DWP for an update and they'll tell you if a report has been returned, if it hasn't then you'll know there's a backlog.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • clasship
    Options
    Thank you for your advice, I have read claimants are now waiting 14 weeks for the PIP decision. I submitted 70 / 80 pages of strong evidence including a care plan stating if I declined any further my next step was into a care home and cardiologist stating my walking exercise tolerance was 40-50 feet. It's not just PVA, but 19 heart attacks and a stroke etc that made me feel perhaps no face to face interview was necessary, not after all this time. 

I did receive a ESA50 form a few weeks ago and returned it, I completed one 2 years ago and receive ESA supported and at the time informed I would never have to apply again because as bunnies go, I am clearly not a well one. Would you have any thoughts on what's likely happening?  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What you read is just a guide and nothing more. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision/waiting times can be delayed. I honestly think you're reading far too much into this. If you wrote a mobile number down on the form when you filled it in you will receive updates through out your claim. Once the report has been returned to DWP you will receive a text message, if no number was put on the form you'll receive a letter. If none of these have been received you need to expect a face to face assessment.

I must admit 70-80 pages of evidence is rather a lot and you may find that a lot of that won't be read. Very often less is more when sending evidence.

The ESA50 form you received a few weeks ago is a totally different benefit to PIP. Most people also need another face to face assessment for this too so expect one of those. As with the PIP claim, if no face to face assessment is needed then it's a bonus. It's rare to have a paper based assessment for this too.

If you want more information about your PIP claim then of course you can ring DWP and they will tell you if a report has been returned. If it hasn't then they won't be able to give you any updates and you'll need to ring the health assessment providers to ask them.
  • clasship
    Options
    Once again thank you for your advice, and I do value it. I may well be reading too much into this, I really don't understand the benefit system, at all. 

Because I have four main disabilities being so many heart attacks, strokes, the rare case of PVA and a bad back and more to be frank, I had a lot of evidence, and I submitted such a lot because I allowed for the need to go to tribunal, and there I trust it would all be read.

A chap who acted for me when I was homeless on my return from abroad has suggested the ESA50 form maybe an indication of a change to UC or perhaps the DWP are considering awarding me in addition to PIP the LCW or in my case as I receive ESA supported LCWRA. Is this possible? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

The ESA50 form is a review of your existing claim. It's nothing to do with a change to UC or your PIP claim.

Most people claiming ESA has reviews and these can be anytime from 3 months. The only people that don't have reviews are those that are placed into the severe conditions group. This is new rules that were introduced in October 2017 if you're placed into this group after this next reassessment then it will tell you on the decision letter that no future reassessments are needed. However, if you were/are placed into the Support Group through regulation 35 then you won't be placed into the severe conditions group. To gain entry into this group you must have access to the Support Group through one of the Support Group descriptors. See link. https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/october/guidance-work-capability-assessment-reassessment-published#navigation

• clasship
    Options
    I arrived back in the UK in July 2017, I was awarded ESA after the qualifying 3 month period, making my award October 2017. I guess in time I will find out, I am happy enough to wait for the award. I am pretty sure I am considered suitable for LCWRA. Is it possible I person who is awarded PIP can also be awarded LCW or LCWRA? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP and LCW/LCWRA are totally different benefits with totally different criteria and receiving the one doesn't automatically entitle you to receive the other.

People claim PIP and work.
  • clasship
    Options
    Thanks, but can one receive both if one meets the criteria? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes of course because they're totally different benefits.
  • clasship
    Options
    The plot thickens, it's all new to me. Thank you for your advice, it's very much appreciated.

What will save me a fortune in flight costs and allow me outside over winter is being allowed more than 28 days abroad, and that seems the DWP highest hurdle, albeit the evidence I submitted clearly shows I have suffered PVA heart attacks as a direct result of breathing in cold air.  What will be will be, it can't be that long until I know what the verdict is for PIP and the 28 days abroad.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Unfortunately i'm unable to help with the 28 day rule and claiming benefits that will be up to a decision maker to decide. Good luck with the PIP and ESA assessments.
  • clasship
    Options
    Poppy123456, You should be on stage as a clairvoyant, after 13 and a half weeks, I have been invited to attend a face to face PIP assessment, so I'll be keeping and using the two cassette tape recorders. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.