Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Lauren80
Lauren80 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
Hi everyone, My name is Lauren, I'm 21 years old. I love with learning disabilities, Deafness, short sighted and also have an only one kidney failing too. I graduated from my 3rd course in June from college and ever since then I am stuck at home a lot due to severe anxieties and it sucks. I didn't really make any new friends except for 1 friend at college. I am very shy and nervous and very quite, once you get to know me a few times, I'm a happy person with a lovely smile. 
Lauren 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 and welcome to the community! Congratulations on graduating! What did you study? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lauren80
    I studied a course to help me gain further qualification and skills. I studied a 3 year courses for people with special needs for 3 years
    Lauren 
  • Ami2301
    Are you hoping to study something else now that you've finished the course? :)
  • Lauren80
    I was going to study childcare but I didn't apply as may be to hard for me & I'm just worried I'll get bullied or sat by myself during lunch times, So I am at home at the moment since I finished college back in June.  
    Lauren 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lauren80

Welcome to the forums! Got any questions for us or not? Congratulations on your achievement. Feel free to look around and join in/start a discussion as well. Can you tell us a bit more about yourself? What are your hobbies and interests? 
  • Ami2301
    I understand, have you heard of Open University?
  • Lauren80
    Yes I have but it does cost money 
    Lauren 
  • Lauren80
    Hi April, My hobbies are: Photography (got my own camera) I don't really get go out much because my mum has health issues too and I like to make videos for my youtube channel and also edit them and watch Netlfix and play games to help pass the time and a little nap too.
    Lauren 
  • Ami2301
    I've found some information regarding the fees and funding, if you would like to have a read :)
  • Lauren80
    Thank you but unfortunately I ding have highers or undergraduates. I have level 4 quligactiond which is really good for someone with learning disabilities, that because I was at college for 3 years and had a friend in the same courses at me and we helped each other if got stuck or asked a lecturer.
    Lauren 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 Welcome to this community & I would like to add my congratulations on your achievement.

Both of my children were bullied at school. My daughter studied child care, but then changed her mind, & is now a travel agent. However, she is still friends with the lady that had the nursery she worked in when she was studying.

My son left school at 16 & went to a college instead. He found the young people there more 'sensible' & made some friends too.

I am mentioning this as they both found that being with those who had similar interests to themselves was a good experience, & neither suffered any more bullying. So, perhaps it's worth looking at childcare again.

My eldest granddaughter is studying art at college. She is very quiet & finds it hard to make friends. She does end up on her own at lunch times, but her art is important to her, so she is carrying on with her course.

If child care is what you want to do, then do try to see what it is like.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Congratulations on getting your qualification!  That is a fantastic achievement!  You sound as though you keep busy with various activities at home.  You have been given great information above and I agree with @chiarieds, that you should still look into child care if that is where your interest lies.  I previously worked for an after school care club which I loved and this could be an option for you if you were interested.  You only do it for a couple of hours each day, playing games and doing various activities such as baking, arts and crafts, etc, with the children and it is fun!  Just a suggestion for you.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on anyway and I wish you well with whatever you do.  I hope you enjoy your time with the Community as it is a really friendly space with lots of lovely people on it.  I look forward to seeing you here and if there is anything else we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lauren80 and welcome. Great to hear you finished your course. Please stay in touch and feel free to get involved in our coffee lounge! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tass
    Tass Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Lauren80 said:
    Hi everyone, My name is Lauren, I'm 21 years old. I love with learning disabilities, Deafness, short sighted and also have an only one kidney failing too. I graduated from my 3rd course in June from college and ever since then I am stuck at home a lot due to severe anxieties and it sucks. I didn't really make any new friends except for 1 friend at college. I am very shy and nervous and very quite, once you get to know me a few times, I'm a happy person with a lovely smile. 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tass and welcome to the Community.  Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?  Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tass - Welcome to the community. I look forward to hearing from you.

Brightness