PiP shutting people down - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP shutting people down

2»

Comments

• WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    dolfrog said:
    braca said:
    @GamerGirl37 Keep up the fight and as you say evidence you have shows that it can and  affects yourself coping with daily living activities.

HCP probably did not look at your evidence thoroughly and would have filled in their report to suit, I do not believe they are paid a bonus but are tasked with getting through X amount of assessments per day and are very well paid for doing so, I think they are more concerned more about their report being picked up for audit and not being sent to DWP straight away.

As for Decision Makers I was told by two Welfare Rights officers that they only look at the Dots for scoring points and don't even bother reading full report from Assessment providers...

Basically neither the Assessor nor the Decision Makers are adequately medically trained or qualified to do their jobs, such is the corrupt nature of this DWP system.

watch out your get flagged for spam having an anti dwp opinion
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    ilovecats said:
    Apparently the people who make the decisions get paid $50 for turning patients down first time..... what the hell for those with no job no means of getting help and trying everything in their power to get a job they can handle.... 
    Not true. At all. Not in the slightest. It makes ZERO difference to the assessor if they do or do not award it someone. In actual fact, it is less work and is easier to award someone than it is to say they don’t fit the criteria.
    seen works of fiction for reports, Atos lima banned in various USA states-yet used by dwp
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

Scope's online community is for anyone with an interest in disability. We hope it will be a useful place to share information and ideas.

The community is not intended as a source of professional or medical advice and support. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect Scope's opinions.

Keep it friendly

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.

Keep it safe

Please be careful about sharing information:

• Always check that information you get is correct and appropriate.
    • Do not present opinions as facts.
    You can read more of the guidelines here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    My personal opinion as endorsed by ME 
    is the current DWP practices will one day be found to be illegal, while austerity will be the excuse to normalise criminal behaviour.

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Sam_Scope said:

Scope's online community is for anyone with an interest in disability. We hope it will be a useful place to share information and ideas.

The community is not intended as a source of professional or medical advice and support. The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect Scope's opinions.

Keep it friendly

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.

Keep it safe

Please be careful about sharing information:

• Always check that information you get is correct and appropriate.
    • Do not present opinions as facts.
    You can read more of the guidelines here.
    Unfortunately there are some who do not wish to help explain soem  of the complex issues that many disabilities may have and help explain some of these issues in relation to how best to claim the various UK disability benefits in a system set up to limit the amount of benefits the government should have to pay out. to provide the support many may need. 
    So if the system sets up its own so called descriptors , a technicial term not many fully understand, Scope should be helping to explain these defintitions in lay mans terms dot that those who have a disability are better able to understand and explain the problems they may face on a day to day basis. 
    Some just use the term discriptors and avoid discussing and explaining the real issues, and how thye should be best describe to help those of us who have varying types of disability get the support we need.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    @dolfrog - don't worry too much about the terminology...

What the DWP need to know is whether you can carry out different 'tasks', whether you need aids, or help/supervision or whether you can't do them at all.

Use your own words to describe what you can/ can't do; adding some examples is a good idea.

For example, for PIP, Activity 4 is:-

This activity considers a claimant’s ability to wash and bathe.

‘Washing’ means cleaning ones whole body, including removing dirt and sweat.

‘Bathing’ means getting into and out of both an unadapted bath and an unadapted shower.

So, if you can't get in/out of the bath AND shower and wash yourself explain why, and how you manage.

Do this for each of the activities that you have difficulty with ...

Hope this helps ...

If it doesn't help message me ...
  • GamerGirl37
    GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
    even with needing help of supervision they will turn is against you 
  • GamerGirl37
    I have the proof
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Apparently the people who make the decisions get paid $50 for turning patients down first time..... what the hell for those with no job no means of getting help and trying everything in their power to get a job they can handle.... 
    why would they be paid in dollars or was it a typo?

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    cristobal said:

What the DWP need to know is whether you can carry out different 'tasks', whether you need aids, or help/supervision or whether you can't do them at all.

Use your own words to describe what you can/ can't do; adding some examples is a good idea.

‘Bathing’ means getting into and out of both an unadapted bath and an unadapted shower.

So, if you can't get in/out of the bath AND shower and wash yourself explain why, and how you manage.

Hope this helps ...

Hi @cristobal
    due to my communication disability, which I share with all of my family, 3 sons and my wife, we have others explain our disabilities and how it affects our daily lives. We have had to have help from the CAB, to explain our issues and the DWP is purely in denial and the assessors report and the manipulating Decision makers report are pure disability discrimination. This happening in the transfer from DLA to PIP. If the system was there to help all disabled people then individual should either be registered for DLA or PIP, but they have changed to system  to best suite the needs of those who run the system, and not the needs of the disabled.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    dolfrog said:
    cristobal said:

Hope this helps ...

Hi @cristobal
    due to my communication disability, which I share with all of my family, 3 sons and my wife, we have others explain our disabilities and how it affects our daily lives. We have had to have help from the CAB, to explain our issues and the DWP is purely in denial and the assessors report and the manipulating Decision makers report are pure disability discrimination. This happening in the transfer from DLA to PIP. If the system was there to help all disabled people then individual should either be registered for DLA or PIP, but they have changed to system  to best suite the needs of those who run the system, and not the needs of the disabled.
    @dolfrog - I'm really sorry to hear this... I was responding really to the bit in your earlier post  when you say,

"Scope should be helping to explain these defintitions in lay mans terms dot that those who have a disability are better able to understand and explain the problems they may face on a day to day basis."

I'm still happy to help - if you think that I can, as you mention that you get help from the CAB...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited November 2019
    DM's DO read the report because I've had my review and the report was full of discrepancies and despite the DM disputing something in the report and waiting for information from my GP, she's made an award anyway which I'm told was because my award was running out (yes I was told that by a DWP manager) and the letter with her reasons tally with what the assessor has stated in his report. The DM's rely on these reports a lot because they aren't medically trained themselves, yes they do dispute them if they see a problem like the DM did with my report.

I've never been told anything like that by any of the WFO's I've had over the past year (I've had 3 so far).
  • GamerGirl37
    That makes no sense as for my scores they scored nothing on both times , stating all sorts against my claim which is part of my autism and that it’s only an adult diagnosis.....as in so I ca t possibly have had it through life it’s just appeared as I’ve turned an adult ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @GamerGirl37 that's like me being cured of mental health problems at my assessment lol. I was awarded enhanced for both back in 2014, mainly based on my mental health with 8 points in moving around.. the first assessor seemed to understand how my mental and physical health impacted me on a daily basis with hardly any evidence, this time they had more evidence, he's removed anything that indicates that I have mh problems, their excuse is I don't take meds or have input but I didn't at the first assessment either! It doesn't mean I'm cured, it means I tried whatever was offered and none of it worked, there was evidence stating why I don't have meds or input anymore.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GamerGirl37
    I just don’t get why they are such idiots 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.