Hi, my name is aj — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is aj

Options
aj1981
aj1981 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have scoliosis and bipola and cant do what I enjoy anymore

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @aj1981
                       Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us. I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer able to do what you enjoy. What activities do you like to join in with? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, there are many lovely people on the community and there will be someone who will be able to help. Thank you.
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @aj1981

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear you are unable to do the things you want to do or used to do, I have empathy for you my friend, its a hard life and we get knocks along the road, but please don't despair. look around i'm sure that you would be brilliant at other hobbies, it doesn't have to be the end for you. what did you like doing but can't any more. can you perhaps help others in this hobby give your experience to them?

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

• aj1981
    aj1981 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I always enjoyed fishing maybe I could coach that sounds really good thank you connie00
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I've never been fishing, but really want to try it one day. How long has it since you were able to go @aj1981?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @aj1981 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Coaching people fishing sounds really interesting, @aj1981, and something you may enjoy so I hope you get to do it.  I know it is hard to get on with life sometimes and do the things we once enjoyed because of disabilities/health conditions, but with help sometimes it is possible and also good to find new things that we can do also.  I wish you well and if there is anything you need help with at all then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness