Hi, my name is Rugrats! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rugrats!

Options
Rugrats
Rugrats Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I feel the need to join here, as I am a single mum with lots of health problems, I have one daughter with M.E., she has been ill since she was 14-15 and is now nearly 22, my other daughter has suspected Fybromyalgia as she has pain in all her joints, suffers with dizzy spells, and has bad pain in her back, my younger sons fiancée lives with us too, and she was diagnosed earlier this year with M.E. Too!! Feel like putting a black cross over the front door! My younger son has a lot of joint problems, and is under my osteopath to get him better, hopefully, so this is my lot, bit of a **** one, but we are all alive by the grace of God xx

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Rugrats, welcome to the community. I feel your pain, literally and totally understand how you feel, it's one thing after another sometimes isn't it? But you've come to the right place if you need advice, a chat or even just a rant. X
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Rugrats
    Rugrats Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou very much, yes I do need to rant quite a bit, although I am registered disabled I still need to cook for the kids, even tho they are adults, I sometimes feel they treat me like a hotel!! Cheeky buggers! X
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Options

Hello @Rugrats    :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, I understand where you are coming from, at least you have your sense of humour still, it must be very hard and stressful on you, its strange that you have Family with ME, Fibromyalgia, and joint issues, these can all be related in some way all these issues would normally fall under a rheumatologist, which in a round about way would suggest to me, that what your poor family are going through may be related, and should be seen by the same rheumatologist. but only my own private thoughts here, what do I know, the fact that I have ME Fibro RA which covers all of the above. LOL  keep your chin up Mum you are doing a wonderful job

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Great to have you with us @Rugrats.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Rugrats I'm Emma, welcome to the Scope Online Community. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rugrats and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You have quite a busy household there and sorry to hear of your family's health struggles.  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as there are lots of lovely people on here so please just chat to us anytime.  Please feel free also to look around the site and join in any of the discussions that you fancy.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you and your family are getting on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness